Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to make cookbooks for my three kids for when they leave home - three notebooks with dividers and copied pages of recipes. The thing is they keep saying they want recipes to the stuff I throw together for dinner - some of their favorites. But I ussually just wing it and don't write it down - and it tastes a little differently everytime. So I was wondering if I could recruit one of them - or even just I do it- and try to write it down as I am fixing it - then maybe write down the comments afterward. Do any of you do this - and does it work for you - do you have a system for it??

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I don't , but it is a really good idea. I've made cookbooks in the past and they've turned out really neat! I can usually remember how much of what I put into my throw togethers, not to the tsp but to taste.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats funny I did a search and got that too - I thought it was really interesting but more of a diary of sorts - I'm thinking more like something you guys might use daily to remember stuff - alot of us don't use cookbooks just kind of wing it - but its an acquired skill and I am trying to create something for them to start out with... Yes I am teaching the boys to cook too - a lot of girls don't even know how any more.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I do cooking/baking with my ds as part of his 'life skills' training for homeschooling. As he gets older I'll be making him a cookbook full of his fave recipes - just not sure what format I'll use just yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts