27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favs to the cat: "Make good choices" :D

Reactions: jas

·
Registered
719 Posts
One of my favs to the cat: "Make good choices" :D
LOL make good choices? Like, "don't kill the goldfinches," ? Or..."Could you leave at least a couple of the baby bunnies in the nest?" Cuz that's what my mom tells her cats...like it does her any good lol.

Well, we just have a balcony off our living room...so with that being said, anytime I let the kitten out on the balcony I leave the door open and ask him to PLEASE stay on the balcony. He has a tendency to try to walk on the OTHER side of the railing.

When we had our collie dog and it was raining, we'd tell her to hurry the hell up or she'd be locked in her "room" until she was dry :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Out the door? No.

As I'm leaving each morning I tell them to get jobs so I can stay in bed and sleep.
LOL. I do this, too.

I also tell my cat to "take good care of the house" when I leave. I always had dogs growing up and we would say it to them, so I do it out of habit, I guess! :D

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thanks for this thread!! I didn't really get what it was about at first. I am so glad I started reading! I am laughing so hard. I talk to my dog all the time I guess I am not saying the right stuff she just looks at me rolls her eyes and walks away.

Dh treats her like a princess. He fluffs her food, he says she won't eat it in chunks. I said like he-- she won't, if you laid a steak down there she would rip it to shredds (she is a yorkie, not a big dog) probably not even chew it. When dh comes home I get a quick kiss, he gets down on the floor and all googlie for her. He is the one who didn't even want the dog.

She never helps with the house work or cooking that is for sure. She better get in line.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I tell Sparky go potty and get those squirrels!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
keep your eye on the spot. thats my advice for the cats when I leave. (There's a spot on the vinyl flooring that they tend to pounce on each day when they walk by it). I tell the border collie to watch 'em (it's his "on guard" command) and to be sure to hide the evidence before I get home so I won't be an accessory. Or I say over my shoulder sonething to the effect of don't make me have to testify against you.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Mine don't go out, but when I do I tell them to 'be good', and they ignore me. I always come home to wads of fur in the livingroom and stuff knocked over.

Reactions: jas

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I never said anything to our Suki Girl when I let her out, but when I left the house I used to tell her, That I won't be long, and that I love her oddles and oddles my canoodles. Bunches and bunches. I'd then tell her to watch the cats, she kept them in line and off of the table and counters. She took that job very seriously. LOL!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
When I let them out - especially now - I tell them to "stay out of the mud"......like that works!

When I am leaving I put them in their kennels with a SMALL treat and tell them "I will be home soon"........that seems to work with the black one.........and keeps her calm. When I tell them that I am leaving.......which I do.......she ZOOMS to the kennel knowing she is going to get a treat! Food is that girls LIFE!!!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I tell the cat to "be nice". lol

I tell the dog and my FIL's dog to "hurry up"

WHen I leave the house, I tell them all to "be good".

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the smiles everyone! I say alot of what's been mentioned
No wild parties
Hurry up!
It's raining, you sure you want to go out?
K Riley, you're in charge
Be Good!
No peeing on the wood pile...

So nice having pets to love.:cloud9: Going to start another thread about how it is when you come home...

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
When I let them out on the balcony I just say come on out. Then I walk around keeping them away from the plants and keeping them from looking to far over the railing.

They are usually a sleep or hiding by the time I leave. If I know I am going to be gone all day I let them know that. If the fat one is yelling I do ask her "What is the matter? Did Timmy fall down the well?"

The other cats I had I would say you guys be good. No parties while I am gone.

·
4,028 Posts
To Allwyn... it's your fur, keep it nice! (gorgeous long hair that hates brushing)
To Caesar... don't bring it back alive! (too often I find things on the porch that need Greebo's attention)
To Cleo... enjoy the crisp cool air! (long curly fur that keeps her too warm)
To Precious.... I'm right here! (she's blind)
To Lacy.... keep your mouth shut! (she's a goober)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Oh, come ON you guys, am I the ONLY one who speaks complete and utter baby talk to my animals, that no one else in the world could possibly understand except them? :laugh:

My yellow Lab (Bear) died a year and a half ago (has it been that long??) but I would say to him "Bye bye Bussa Boy, Watcha house, Mommy be right back!" :toothy: (kiss on his soft forehead) :mushy: (whilst nobody else in the house gets a goodbye kiss)

My DH and DSs think I'm bonkers. :screwy:

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is hilarious...I thought I was the only one who did this!

I tell Chance when I am leaving "I'll be back. be good" because honestly the few times I have forgotten he has actually peed in the house.(He is now 9 and will do it if I forget to say it). I swear he thinks by me not saying it that I left him for good--he is my big baby.

When I let him out and it is raining I say 'Hurrry up and pee" and he does--though he loves the rain and if I didn't say it he'd stay out and hang out there. odd ball!

If I go in the front yard (not fenced) I say "Stay with me Bubba" and he does. If I don't he will wander to the sidewalk and be nosy.

Funny as I am just so used to these lil things I never thought how abnormal others may find it. :)

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
Oh, come ON you guys, am I the ONLY one who speaks complete and utter baby talk to my animals, that no one else in the world could possibly understand except them? :laugh:

My yellow Lab (Bear) died a year and a half ago (has it been that long??) but I would say to him "Bye bye Bussa Boy, Watcha house, Mommy be right back!" :toothy: (kiss on his soft forehead) :mushy: (whilst nobody else in the house gets a goodbye kiss)

My DH and DSs think I'm bonkers. :screwy:
Are you my wife's twin? She does the same thing and I tell her she showers them with more affection than me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts