Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I will admit it: I like many politcally incorrect movies. James Bond? Gimme more! Dirty Harry? Bring him on!

I also love what DH calls "The Fifties in New York" kind of movies. These are movies that are usually set in NY and were made in the '50s or '60s and are about single women getting the perfect man or the confirmed bachelor finally meeting the girl of his dreams--you know the kind. I like Rock Hudson/Doris Day movies, The movie "The Opposite Sex" (Joan Collins plays the ultimate b***h in this one, a floozy named Crystal Allen) is a perfect example.

Tell us about your movie loves!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I love James Bond movies! but only he ones with Sean Connery. I don't like those other guys who tried to be Bond. LOL

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I love Dirty Harry Movies......... all day Clint Eastwood day after Thanksgiving !!! I am there !!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Lori: all day Clint Eastwood??? Where??? LOL I love him too!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dh and I saw "Undercover Brother" back in July and loved it!!!! It is very much politically incorrect and maybe too much so.

It's a typical white/black movie, except the blacks are in power as much as whites.

The Main Cast members:

Undercover Brother
Sistah Girl
Conspiracy Brother (always thinking "The Man" is after him)
White She Devil

One of the guys from Saturday Night Live plays a big part, but I can't remember his name. Not Jimmy Fallon, the other one.

It's hilarious and it pokes fun at stereotypes of both races equally.

Think "Shaft" as a tongue-in-cheek comedy.

I've been trying since October to find out it's DVD release date.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts