Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the age I'm at now. I'm at a place where were better off financially, where my younger kids are finally at the age where they can do so many things on their own and where many of our dreams have been accomplished.

How about you? Do you like the age your at now or would you prefer a different age?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Yes, I like the age I am now. I am still younger than most of ds1's friends parents and about the same age as ds2's friends parents. I am not sure about ds3, but I could stay this age and I would not mind. I hated turning 30 though. It was the worst day of my life. As long as I still have a ways to go until 40, I will be ok. No offense to those that are of that age already. I just know what it was like when I hit 30. I am not going to do very well when I hit 40. I don't know why, it is just a number, but emotionally it bothers me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like being 37. I am going through a divorce and I am still young to go out and have fun.

·
27,948 Posts
Yes, I like being 42. I'm content in who I am and what lies ahead. Need to tweek a few things but I'm happy.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Well, I just turned 41 and I am still trying to get used to the idea that I am actually in my "40's"!!!!! I guess I am ok with it, it could be worse I guess!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
In a way it is nice to be older, with no kids to chase,etc. My health is ok,except for the arthritis. The house stays alot cleaner! You can send the Grand-Kids home when you have had enough. All said--OLD isn't too bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am 57 and age has never bothered me at all. I have had friends that have cried at those milestone birthdays. 40 and 50 never bothered me at all. And I was thrilled when I hit 50 and started getting senior discounts. I am content. I do have physical problems that it would be nice not to have to deal with but I can live with it. I enjoy simpler things now. I would have done things differently at earlier stages of my life but you can't go back and change things so it does no good wishing for another chance. You have to look ahead and enjoy each day.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I'm happy where I am- I don't want to go back and relive my youth! Too much insecurity, and all that- I look at what my kids are going through and thank God, I'm done with all that.

I'll wait patiently to get much older though- already my health isn't good (I'm 42) so. . . . I worry what my older years will bring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I am 34 and I don't mind that. But I am pregnant with our first child and we would like another one. I have been on bedrest with this one because of high BP. I worry about the increased risks as I get older.

Other than that this age is fine.:cool:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I am 40 and okay with it. I would not like to be younger as I made way too many mistakes back then. I enjoy being a mom at this age. I am able to dedicate more time to dd than I would have when I was younger. As long as there is hair color and foundation and a little mascara I think 40 is just fine for me.

pat

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I do not like being 41 at all. I feel old and worn out. I can no longer do the work I enjoyed because of severe carpal tunnel syndrome, and I am in perimenopause. I would like to be about 28 again.

Deb

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am 43 and very content with it. I am happier than I have ever been. I have a wonderful DH who loves me to pieces and a very loving family. I have a well paying career (I am not thrilled over it), good friends and many interests. I am beginning to have health issues but that is certainly to be expected at this point. Overall, I am very happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts