Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you read post but not respond? I do it but i have an opinon on everything! so i am wondering what the reasons are for reading and not responding to post.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I do sometimes not respond, but read the posts. Usually I am too tired to respond or I don't know what to repond.

Does that help you, Heaven?:D

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i read a lot more than i respond. if i have an opinion, i usually try to respond. but if i don't, i just keep my mouth shut!;) i love this forum though. i'm soooo glad i found it. everyone here is so friendly!!:)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is too funny. i am just nosy anyway. just wondering. ;) being to tired to post that is when i post the most.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I often read and don't reply. My main reason is either someone else has already said basically what I would or the original poster may have been venting more than seeking advice.
There are times, I even feel my reply is not "post worthy". (if ya can believe that one) LOL
My main objective is making certain what I post is clear. If I feel at all that it would come across badly or be taken offensively in any way, I won't post it. It's very easy to miscommunicate online and I would hate to make anyone feel badly because I couldn't clarify my own thoughts.

Sara

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I read and often don't respond either because I don't know how to put what I want to say in the right context. Trying to communicate on line can be very frustrating at times and can often be taken the wrong way, when the poster hasn't meant that at all.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
A little of both but try to respond to things of my intrest.Or if i don't know anything about the topic(say gardening)i just keep my mouth shut.Don't want to look like a fool ya know

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I read more than I post.
Most of the time when I read I post, what I want to say has already been said or I don't know what to say.

But I love reading all the posts anyway:D

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I love to read posts, but I would find it very hard to find the time to reply to all of them. :smball:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I read rather than post mostly because I am new here. Plus usually someone else has stated my thoughts on the subject and don't think repeating would benefit the thread.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I don't type to well before I've had my :coffee:, or when I have the :baby: on my lap. I guess that explains my typos and ramblings.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I almost didn't post because everyone else already said it all so well! I agree!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
smnoel said:
I often read and don't reply. My main reason is either someone else has already said basically what I would or the original poster may have been venting more than seeking advice.
There are times, I even feel my reply is not "post worthy". (if ya can believe that one) LOL
My main objective is making certain what I post is clear. If I feel at all that it would come across badly or be taken offensively in any way, I won't post it. It's very easy to miscommunicate online and I would hate to make anyone feel badly because I couldn't clarify my own thoughts.

Sara
Everything she said :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I mostly read and don't post!! I know it seems that I am rarely here but I do check in and read often!!! I usually don't post for the same reasons that most of you have already given. Either someone said exactly what I would or I just don't know how to put what I want to say into words that everyone would be able to understand!!!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
michele too funny i am one of those hogs!!!!!!!!! LOL> i have an opinion on everything. (as we all know) sometimes though i find that i just don't know what to say.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I read more than I post also. I think it has more to do with my post meaning something to the thread. If someone asks a question and I can shed some light on the topic then I do.
If I have never experienced the issue at hand or if it's something I don't participate in then I won't post. But because I want to keep an open mind and learn new things while I am here, I want to be sure to check it all out. :D

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I read a LOT more than I post.....but I post a "fair" amount, I think. If I'm really interested in it, and it hasn't been answered by a like minded poster then I'll answer..... . It's soooooo much fun reading all the posts whether I reply or not....!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I think you have your answers...as of this reply....106 views... 17 posts..... LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read and rarely post...though I do attempt to at times. When I read over what I had just written, it sometimes doesn't sound as post worthy as others. Alas...just my insecurities kicking in again...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Arlette said:
I read and rarely post...though I do attempt to at times. When I read over what I had just written, it sometimes doesn't sound as post worthy as others. Alas...just my insecurities kicking in again...

yes i have my answer but don't think this way. I did when i first started and then i decided i wanted my opinion to count. SO Start posting. :smball:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts