Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this a regional thing? here in texas we say "walmart" but my friend from virginia says "walmarts".

I have to go to walmarts. I bought it at walmarts.

Reactions: just_me

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Im in NJ and its just Walmart

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Just walmart here or more commonly wally world. Everyone knows what wally world is.

Incidentally I am reading a book that is set in the year 2085, guess what the only store left in the world is????

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just say "I bought it at Walmart." But I wonder if people who are adding an S are thinking of it with an apostrophe... like "Walmart's". I guess that could make sense... kinda like I bought it at "Johnson's Hardware"?

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I usually say "WallyWorld".

But whe I do say where I'm going, it's Walmart. That's from an Ohioan.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I say walmart (FL) db says walmarts from (VA) just though he was speaking challenged. He he.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I'm from Ontario, and everyone I've ever heard say it says "Wal-Mart". You should ask your friend where the 's' is in the word.:lol:

·
27,948 Posts
Just Walmart here but I've heard it teasingly refered to as Walmarts's. Yep even one more s ,lol.

·
19,119 Posts
Hawaii - WalMart.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Drives me nuts to hear people say WalMarts or WalMark.DH and I have a pet tease-"I'm running to WalMark, and I may stop by Hallmart Cards also." I don't think it's a regional thing. I think it's more along the lines of" I axed him to come with us".

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Drives me nuts to hear people say WalMarts or WalMark.DH and I have a pet tease-"I'm running to WalMark, and I may stop by Hallmart Cards also." I don't think it's a regional thing. I think it's more along the lines of" I axed him to come with us".
that one bugs the heck out of me! can't hardley even say it myself.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Just Walmart here, in Louisiana, but I have hear it referred to as "The Walmart".

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.