Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of yall sell any of your paper crafts? I've sold a few batches of handmade cards( I do more card making than scrapbooking) on Ebay. I just found this site etsy.com that I've been thinking about listing some crafts on. Do yall just craft for enjoyment or do you make any money from it?
Hope the scrapbooking/stamping/whatever yall are working on is going well!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I have made/sold personalized scrapbooks for individuals and businesses. I have done them for retirement gifts, going away keepsakes, and for some they just did not have the time/talent to do their own family albums themselves.

In all cases, the customer provides me with the photos(well, obviously they provide the photos), instructions on what basic theme/colors/techniques and any other special requests for the scrapbook.

They are charged for all supplies I use. I charge them what each item actually cost me. I set a per page charge based on a few factors, but the main factor is time. If they want the book super fast then the per page charge is upped. If it is a normal book, reasonable time frame, and not too many super special requests then it is around $2.50-$5 per page these days.

My mother's office wanted a 60 page 5x7 book done in 48 hours(well, I was asked to do it on a Friday and they needed the following Monday at lunch). That was the weekend from hell. I did not really sleep, pretty much worked around the clock, got it done and they paid dearly for it. I doubt I will ever agree to doing one on that short of notice again.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
ummm, my talent is so not sale-able.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wish I could sell my crafts, that would be fabulous. I tend to only make things that I need for myself or gifts though. Keep us posted on how you do if you decied to sell things at the etsy site. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I love looking at all of the beautiful stuff on etsy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I won't sell on etsy just because in order to sell you have to list a C.C. and we are getting out of using those things. That said I will be calling a local gift shop that does take in local artist work and sell them on consignment so I am praying that works out. I will be trying to sell my altered clipboards, post it note holders, cards, altered mailboxes, etc.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I have signed up for etsy but not listed anything yet.

Don't forget about our FREE Mamapreneur Marketplace here at the village! Up in the top blue bar (top of page) click on "marketplace". I would love to see this take off... if a lot of us start using it and promoting it on our blogs and such, it could be great! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts