Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our small rural town, there are no stores opened on Sunday. The next town nearest us, has 2 stores opened and the closest city (40,000) has most stores opened, although I'm seeing more and more that are closed on Sunday.

Although we at times shop on Sunday, I'm really wanting to make it an all round day of rest, with no work and no shopping! I haven't gotten there yet, but I'm working on it.

How about you, do you shop on Sunday or even have stores in your hometown opened on Sunday?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I have to travel to the nearest town to shop as well. I only shop if there is just something I see in an ad that I can't resist because it is a great deal. Other than that, it can wait.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
The only store open here is the grocery store and they close at 3. The next town west is open, but I rarely shop on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Because I am always so busy Monday -Friday, most of my errands and sopping gets done on the weekends. While I do prefer Saturday, lots of what I have to do often rolls over into Sunday:(

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Almost all stores here are open on Sundays. I live in a small town,too. I'm with you Homesteadmama, for religious reasons, I'm trying to not shop on Sundays.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yes--everything but Mom & Pop stores are open on Sundays. :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Pretty much everything is open (not car dealers and liquor stores)

But I shop after I get the newspaper and see what is on sale and get what I need that is on sale (if it is a good sale) and all the new deals at the grocery store so off I go.

Then I don't have tho take the kids.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
When I was growing up (in Kansas) nothing was open on Sundays except Church!

Here, everything is open all the time!!!! I try not to shop on Sundays but I can if I need to!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Yes, the stores are open here on Sunday's too. I rarely shop on Sunday's.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I shop on Sundays because that is when we are in the city of Spokane for church (1 1/2 hour drive from our home). Then I can hit Fred Meyer, Big Lots, Hostess Thrift Store, Walgreens, Eddie Bauer Outlet, SuperWalmart, etc.:)

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I always shop on Sunday, since I work about nine hours a day Monday-Saturday. I did shop after work Friday (for food), but we all drove out to SuperWal-Mart today (Sunday) for food and household supplies. It is about a 15 mile drive each way, so not something I want to do during the work week. Sunday is also the day that the house gets cleaned, and sheets washed, etc.

I am thankful that the retail store I manage is closed on Sunday, or else I would have even less time off. Most large stores and major malls are open on Sunday. All food and discount stores are open as well. A day of rest sounds great. Where do I get in line for one of those?

Deb

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
ALL the stores are open here, this city wouldn't know rest if it bit them in the butt....lol.... I will go out shopping if I need something... we usually go to my mom and dads on Sundays and spend the day but if we stay home we just lounge around or work on the yard or house....since dh works all week...we try to make Sunday our day to spend some time together....

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Since I work an odd schedule I shop whenever I can..lol. As a matter of fact it's almost midnight and I just got back from Wal-Mart!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We shop on Sundays. But, I do like those days, cj, when we don't do anything at all, but stay home. Tomorrow is going to be one of those days for me, because I'm off from work. :D

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Because of my work schedule, Sunday is the only day that I can fit in the grocery shop. All of our stores are open on Sunday.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Everything here is open sundays..at least everything I've ever needed to go to :D

Growing up, saturday was our religious day of rest, and now that I don't follow that same religion I am finding that saturday is still the day I stay at home and tend not to go anywhere.

I like shopping sunday's because that's when all the drug stores and target get their new fliers/sales put out...it's also when ralphs starts their 72 hour sale. Not to mention the new coupons that come out as well...I just get excited about shopping so unless we have other plans I do it sunday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.