Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have my babybook. And Christmas ornaments if they count, my grandmother has gotten me one every year for Christmas since I was born and I still have most of those, a few have gotten broken. It is something I do for my children now, then when they move out they will have some to take with them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have my baby book, complete with a lock of hair and the original birth certificate issued by the hospital (the hospital issued certificates with the signature of the delivering doctor in addition to the county issued ones).

·
27,948 Posts
I have a Christmas ornament.:chrisorn:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have my baby bracelet from the hospital, it is made with beads.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have an embroidered "Now I lay me down to sleep" made by my grandmother when I was born. I also have a very few pictures. (I am 54)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
A sterling silver baby bracelet engraved with my name. My wrists are so small I actually still wear it from time to time :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I have a stuffed siamese cat that my mom has a picture of me with (naked no less) when I was 4 months old. It sits on top of my dresser. I also have some of my baby clothes. My mom has a lot of my dolls & other stuff in her attic.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I dont have anything :( Wish I did though.

G

·
I have a lot of things - and since my son was born, a lot of them were recently given to me. A blanket, my baby book, my George and Martha book, my Pat the Bunny book, a baby cup...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I have several little hair bows that my mom said the nurses put in my hair when I was born because I had so much long curly hair. That is funny because my hair is straight now. I have a picture that was professionally done, and I had a full head of hair.LOL I also have the commemorative (sp?) birth certificate from the hospital that has my feet prints. My dad gave this to me when my mother passed away.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I am 46 yo, and our house burned to the ground when I was 7 -- so we lost most of our things.

I do have the following:

a stuffed cat that was given to me on the day I was born
the dress I wore home from the hospital
my Easter dress from when I was 4
my baby book
a doll dress my grandmother made for me (there used to be a matching dress for me)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have several items from my childhood. I have the baby blanket my grandmother made me, 33 years ago. I have several Christmas ornaments, purchased by both my parents and my granparents. I have a stuffed animal my father purchased for me while in Okinowa, Japan. I have tons of pictures as well as my baby book that has a lock of hair from my first haircut, the bracelet I wore in the hospital, my birth announcement and all the cards my parents recieved after my birth.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
~ My baby blanket (my great grandmother made it)is in a shadow box in my living room, next to a shadow box that has my kids' Christening gown in it.
~ The outfit I wore home from the hospital(my great-grandmother made it) is in a shadow box at my mom's.
~My first pair of shoes are bronzed and in my mom's living room.
~I have my Fisher Price Little People toys in a display case.
~My babybook has my hair from my first haircut hair, hospital bracelet, candles from every birthday, lots and lots of artwork and schoolwork, all of the cards I have gotten since birth, every report card etc....
~I also have a box with my cold weather bunting my great-grandmother also made, Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls she made, and various other things like my baby spoon, toys etc...
~Christmas ornaments

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i have a doll my cousin made for me in home ec. my favorite thumb sucking/ sleeping doll. my first christmas ornament is at my moms house and she always sets it aside so i can put it on the tree. my poor DH has nothing at all

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I have a Cubs T Shirt that I used to wear--I let my son wear it now. My mom still has my christening dress, outfit they brought me home in, etc. And I also have my Fuzzy blanket

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have the knitted outfit I wore home from the hospital, a tiny stuffed panda and a article from the newspaper mentioning my birth because I was born on Christmas. I don't have any baby pictures. My DH has nothing. We have only 2 pictures taken of him as a child and that's it.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I still snuggle with a pillow that my mom made me when I was about 5. I also have, at mom's house, a teddy bear that my opa (grandpa) or step-uncle made me. Its ear is torn off and its arm ripped open because my dog got to it once, but it's still there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I still snuggle with a pillow that my mom made me when I was about 5.

Gee, I'm glad you said that first! I still have a Charlie Brown sheet from when I was about 3 or 4. I can't sleep without it, and it goes where I go when I travel. It's not even the flat sheet...it's the fitted one!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have my baby book with the first lock of hair, first tooth, etc, a stuffed gigngerbread man that was my first toy, and an afghan that my grandmother made--I used that for both of my kids! My sister has the other afghan from the other grandmother and our christening gown. Dh has a few wooden toys from his grandpa(made just for him) and some Christmas ornaments.

I also buy each kid an ornament so they'll have some when they're grown and move out. lol--each one represents they're favorite thing at the time, so they can see how they grew up. Also, I cut the stuffed animals off their crib mobiles and made ornaments. I'll keep the center piece and give them the main ones.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts