Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is cheating?

Or as long as you put the ingredients in is it all the same to you?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I don't think it is..... although I don't think it tastes as good from a bread machine...... I don't think that using the food chopper is the cheating way to make cole slaw vs cutting with a knife...

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
No I don't....I have found now that 2 of my 3 dks have left the nest its easier for us to use the machine.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I sure don't. I make my bread with a machine and to me it is homemade. I may not have taken the time to knead and shape but it still is not bought in a plastic bag from the bread isle, so in my world :D that's homemade :D , LOL.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I use my bread machine for the mixing and first rising, then I take it out, shape and put into pans, let it rise the second time and bake in the oven.

My dh has NO complaints! :D

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
you made it in your house, it's homemade. it's not that much different than using a KA to do the mixing and kneading. i do it all by hand becuase i don't have a bread machine or a KA, but you can bet yout bum i would use either of them if i had one.;)

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I don't think it's cheating.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
It's all the same to me. :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Nope. You're still taking ingredients that aren't really anything by themselves and creating something homemade with them.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nope, but my bread machine doesn't work right. Lately if I want "homemade" bread, I bake a loaf of frozen bread dough - Now that's cheating!!! I do plan to make CJ's bread sometime this week though - maybe even tomorrow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts