1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and if so what do you have up there?

·
27,948 Posts
Yep.There is a plate rail and instead of decorative plates going around the room we have Dh's collection of empty hot sauce bottles.:toothy:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
No they don't, and I think I'm glad about that, less dusting!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
No they don't, but I wish they did. I'd love to put a few old farming antiques up there, but can't. If we decide to get new cupboards, we plan on making the space.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Yep, I have some antique gadgets and chickens........

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
yeah, and i keep items up there that we don't use all that often...like seasonal decorations, seasonal linens. stuff like that

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
No but I wish we did!!! I would love to keep my sunflower, teapot and cookie jar collections up there!!!!!!!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Yes they do. I keep some of the knick knacks that my dh's mother gave to us, and a few other collectables that we have. along with a lot of dust. I don't get up there too much.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Yes we do. I hate it, but I love Carolyn's idea of ivy and lights. I just have some knick knacks up there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Mine do. I have some silk plants, baskets and large ceramic bowls I only use once in a blue moon. It is great to have it to store the large, unused items up there.

Luckily I also have a pop out window near the sink with shelves which holds my cookbooks collection and part of my teapot collection.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Yes I do, but I hate it!! The space is so small, that nothing really fits up there but cobwebs. ;)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Yes we do have the space. We have SO grandmother's blue willow plates displayed up there. They are sitting up on easels and show really well. Of course its no fun when I finally break down and clean up there. Amazing how much dust is up there that you luckily can't see from standing below.

pat

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ours go to the ceiling,so no storage up there,but since I don't climb this is probably a good thing:D I would like the look of being able to put pretty things above on display though.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have a whole hodge podge of stuff over my cabinets. I have a couple bean pots, a cow planter, a milk tin with cows on it, a morter and pestle, a couple crystal vases and servers, teapots, Christmas tins that candy comes in during the holidays, a wine bottle shaped pepper mill and a few stonewear pieces. Atleast up there, I know none of it will get broken.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yes, but not much. I don't think there's enough to put anything decorative.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Yes we have the space. I have some knick knacks,my old scale and sifter collection and some of dh's grandmothers dishes that was given to us when we married.
Dh is desinated " once a year above the cabinets cleaner" :toothy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts