Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours get a little treat. This year it's rawhides for Riley and a catnip toy I'll make for Daisy. It'll be a small animal shape with a tight little pocket I'll be able to add catnip to easily.
Do you make or buy gifts? Care to share? Inexpensive ideas?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
They all get Christmas and birthday gifts and each has a stocking hung.

The three dogs each get a new toy from us and a bag of treats, usually Beggin' Strips, from my mom.

The cats each get a bag of Goodlife Recipe treats. Neither cat plays with toys, but both love their treats.

On their birthdays the dogs have Frosty Paws ice cream.

·
Registered
984 Posts
We have 3 cats and 1 dog. They will get dollar store gifts the kids pick out.

Reactions: Darlene

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
She gets a bone so she won't be in the middle of trying to open everyone else presents.

·
Registered
672 Posts
We don't have pets but my parents always get their dogs and cats a new toy or new flavor treat. My mom tried stockings one year but one of the dogs was afraid of it and the other dog and cats had no interest in the stocking even though it was full of treats. Now she hangs the stockings with treats and then on christmas takes them down and gets the stuff out for the pets. Since we don't have pets here, we buy a bag of dog treats and take to a friends christmas party. The host has a dog and another friend brings her dog so they share the treats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My best friend, Maddie, a lovely Cavalier King Charles spaniel, passed this year, so this is my first Christmas without her.

I do send my son's little RatChi a big bag of beggin strips, and I send him all sorts of homemade canned stuff. And a Wal-Mart gift card for Xmas.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Sparky get a round rawhide & wet dogfood.
Tigger gets wetcatfood.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have three dogs and three cats.( How did that happen? People kept dumping the best animals.)They each have a stocking and I get them little treats and gifts from Dollar Tree. They are part of my family, and I love them very much!

·
Registered
147 Posts
ours get stockings with treats and maybe a toy or 2. But the wiener dog's favorite thing in the world is cardboard, so he gets to tear up the boxes for recycling!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Magma will get a smoked cow femur from the grocery store - yummy

My mom's dog Bella is getting a coat that I bought at a craft show

If we're lucky my dad will have shot a deer before we get home to Nebraska and he'll save the legs for Magma, Granite & Fern (mag's mom & sister) and that will be the best Christmas present ever for them!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Each of our dogs has their own stocking. We fill them with treats and toys. This year they each will get a new collar and harness as the ones they have now are wearing out.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have 2 dogs, my sister has 4 dogs and my brother has 4 dogs. For Christmas, we get each family of dogs a special treat. Usually a bag of treats or something.

I buy my girls a busy bone. They love those things!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Mr Flopsy our bunny gets a stocking :)
he will get a new stuffed tor and some chew snacks and yogurt chips

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Each cat inside has their own stocking, usually with a catnip mouse and a bag of treats. The ones outside get their favorite can of fancy feast trout, as a treat. Thats it, theres too many of them.

·
Registered
497 Posts
So as a joke the other day I put on Facebook that Magma wanted a Pillow Pet for Christmas because he was all snuggled up with his stuffed cow that has seen better days.

When talking with my mom the other day she said "I got magma a present too" when I asked what it was she replied "A bumblebee Pillow Pet"

Oh my mom is crazy! :D

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
When talking with my mom the other day she said "I got magma a present too" when I asked what it was she replied "A bumblebee Pillow Pet"
I love Pillow Pets and they make adorable and comfy pet beds. WarHammer, our Yorkie, has taken over DD's Pillow Pet, a lion. It's so cute because he is so tiny and the PP is one of the large ones. The lion's head alone is bigger than WarHammer's entire body.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.