Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, you know I went to see the neurologist again a few weeks ago, he asked me to bring both my MRI's so he could have the radiologist at Wake Forest go over them. Both they and another Dr. agree that the spots I have on my brain are not caused by strokes but are Multiple Sclerosis lesions.

So at least now I know for sure what is wrong which is a relief. I have an appointment on June 30th with one of the best MS doctors in the US, so I guess that's good too. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to see him, but if he's one of the best I think I can do that..lol.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Keeping you in my thoughts.....Hoping that things go good at the doctors. Take care of yourself!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
:hugz: Angie - I have a friend with MS and my SIL too. Loads of people I know - but Jamie Lee Curtis has apparently had MS for the last 20 plus years???? (I only mention that coz I like her)

I have no idea why I'm rambling (I'm sorry! :( )

Thinking of you - Hope all goes well at your appointment. xxxx

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i'm glad they finally figured out what spots are. now you can deal with it instead of worrying aboutwhat it could be.
my grandmother has MS. she has had it for at least 27 years. it has never stopped her from doing anything. she has to get around in a scooter now but until last year she would go out to the end of the driveway and walk back to the house with a walker. she only stopped doing that because the doc doesn't want her to fall and break a hip and if she did fall, my grandfather wouldn't be able to pick her up. i think the fact that my grandfather wouldn't be able to pick her up is what stopped her, not the doc. lol
take care of yourself and if they give you any PT to do, keep up with it. that is what kept my grandmother walking for so long.
:hugz:
i hope you appointment goes well.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Angie, if you need anything just call me. I'll help you out as much as I can.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Angie,
I'm glad you know now what is causing those spots and I'm also very happy that you have found some great doctors so you can have the best treatment possible!!!! :hugz: You'll be in my prayers!!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Keeping you in thought and prayer Angie.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You'll be my thoughts and prayers too Angie !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hugs and prayers! Hope the doctor has only good news for you!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Angie, I want to let you know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. You are a very special member of this Village and we are all here for you. You are loved.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Angie, I'm relieved for you to at least have a name for your condition. Not knowing is the worst thing of all. I'll be thinking really good thoughts for you, hoping things get better when you see this new dr. . :hugz:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
((((((hugs)))))):angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh, Angie...(((hugs))) I will keep you in my prayers. I wish you courage and hope.:hugz:

Lucie

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hugs, and prayers. :angel: :angel:

·
27,948 Posts
Now that you know what it is we can duke it out.:fpunch:
Take good care & know that we are all here for you!:hugz:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts