Registered
10,871 Posts
Wow, way to misrepresent the numbers!

* 12,000 -- unnecessary surgery
* 7,000 -- medication errors in hospitals
* 20,000 -- other errors in hospitals
* 80,000 -- infections in hospitals
* 106,000 -- non-error, negative effects of drugs
Ohh thats right - using drugs is erroneous too... pfft. Drop 106,000.

80k infections in hospitals - for all you know thats cause the candy stripers sneezed, not doctor error. Drop another 80,000.

How about 27,000 errors, not 250,000.
10th or lower, hardly 3rd.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/FASTATS/lcod.htm

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

bullet graphicHeart disease: 652,091

bullet graphicCancer: 559,312

bullet graphicStroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 143,579

bullet graphicChronic lower respiratory diseases: 130,933

bullet graphicAccidents (unintentional injuries): 117,809

bullet graphicDiabetes: 75,119

bullet graphicAlzheimer's disease: 71,599

bullet graphicInfluenza/Pneumonia: 63,001

bullet graphicNephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 43,901

bullet graphicSepticemia: 34,136

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2005, Table C

Reactions: Katybird

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Greebo, But the CDC does not fly with me! In my book they are just fradulent and cannot be trusted for reliable information! But thanks for posting this:)

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Why not? They were good enough for you to list doctors as #3 killers by misrepresenting the causes!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greebo, Here I sit with a dear friend who was supposed to be dead by now (according to his oncologist) an he is just thriving because he has shunned conventional medicne and has gone with traditional medicine. His name is Bobbie and he just wanted me to tell you that..........you have no clue! He would in fact be dead had he stuck with conventional medicine! He was in stage 4 kidney cancer. He is so grateful for what I have taught him. He took the knowledge and ran with it! Go figure, Greebo! The proof is in the results! I am really not here to debate anymore but to help others learn how to cure themselves of any so called dis-ease. God Bless and I pray that your dad heals as well.

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
I have a friend in Utah who was diagnosed with advanced brain cancer, stage 4, tumors inoperable.

Thanks to chemo, he is alive and well and in recovery.

Just because someone lives via ONE method doesn't provide scientific proof that another is flawed.

You are so blinded with your hatred of conventional medicine that you're advocating that people NOT PURSUE ALL AVAILABLE OPTIONS.

I have said it before, I will say it again - I am open to believing that alternative medicines MAY be valid, WHEN they are proven scientifically.

Trusting evidence using your method is what led people to believe the earth was flat and the center of the universe.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
13,564 Posts
Doctors make mistakes too. They're humans just like the rest of us.
Excuse me?!?!?

Are you inferring that because I'm human that I make mistakes?

I beg to differ, my friend. I am perfection in it's most perfect form.

:bow:

·
5,280 Posts
Excuse me?!?!?

Are you inferring that because I'm human that I make mistakes?

I beg to differ, my friend. I am perfection in it's most perfect form.

:bow:

Oh my, I feel a battle brewin'. Greebo has competition! LOL

·
Banned
11,410 Posts
I have a friend in Utah who was diagnosed with advanced brain cancer, stage 4, tumors inoperable.

Just because someone lives via ONE method doesn't provide scientific proof that another is flawed.

You are so blinded with your hatred of conventional medicine that you're advocating that people NOT PURSUE ALL AVAILABLE OPTIONS.

I have said it before, I will say it again - I am open to believing that alternative medicines MAY be valid, WHEN they are proven scientifically.

Trusting evidence using your method is what led people to believe the earth was flat and the center of the universe.
Hey just saying that you should look in the forum that you post in and go off in...

It's called...Natural and Alternative Health. Do you know what that means??

Geez..

·
Banned
11,410 Posts
Greebo, Here I sit with a dear friend who was supposed to be dead by now (according to his oncologist) an he is just thriving because he has shunned conventional medicne and has gone with traditional medicine. His name is Bobbie and he just wanted me to tell you that..........you have no clue! He would in fact be dead had he stuck with conventional medicine! He was in stage 4 kidney cancer. He is so grateful for what I have taught him. He took the knowledge and ran with it! Go figure, Greebo! The proof is in the results! I am really not here to debate anymore but to help others learn how to cure themselves of any so called dis-ease. God Bless and I pray that your dad heals as well.
Hey Bobbie, when I worked in the docs office, one got colon cancer that I really cared for.(she never knew it though, she was the doctors child!) That was the time when Bo Bice didn't win American Idol and Carrie did. Trust me that the stages of cancer was huge to me. I knew what that meant.

Bo Bice did not make it really big(he spent a few months in the hospital)

I sang songs in my sleep...for her..

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Hey just saying that you should look in the forum that you post in and go off in...

It's called...Natural and Alternative Health. Do you know what that means??

Geez..
Yes, but when advocates for Natural and Alternative Health go to the point of advocating life courses which are potentially deadly, so what? If the advocates for N&A Health are going to blatantly misrepresent the numbers, inflating them by outrageous amounts, while simultaneously using statistics from the AMA and declaring the AMA to be invalid at the same time, why should it matter what forum it's in?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Greebo, Your dear friend may be alive, but I highly doubt that he is well! Chemo destroys everything in it's destructive path. It is only a matter of time before the canceris discovered somewhere else. Cancer is alway's systemic! The entire body has to be treat with love..........not poison!

And one more thing........hate is a very strong word! It is NOT a word that I take lightly. That is your word, not mine! I may very much so dislike the way conventional medicine destroys many peoples lives, but like I have said before, they also save MANY lives when it comes to trauma! I had a case in my family just recently where my cousins little boy died from trauma, but the wonderful Dr's saved his 3 year old sisters life. They are also going to have to do some major heart surgery on her in the near future. This wil once again be a life saving procedure.

Does it not make sense to you that if there is another way to treat the entire body to heal it of cancer, that this is the method that should be used? Is this not what Gods intentions were? Do you really think that he want's us to poison ourselves?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Bobbie, when I worked in the docs office, one got colon cancer that I really cared for.(she never knew it though, she was the doctors child!) That was the time when Bo Bice didn't win American Idol and Carrie did. Trust me that the stages of cancer was huge to me. I knew what that meant.

Bo Bice did not make it really big(he spent a few months in the hospital)

I sang songs in my sleep...for her..
Aww, I am going to bring this post of yours up for Bobbie to see today. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
:popcorn: Reading.........thinking............enjoying the dialog.

Reactions: COUNTRYBUMPKIN

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Just felt the need to throw my two cents into the ring :cents:.
I have an intimate knowledge of conventional medicine being in nursing :nurse:for over twenty years now. (no, I can not believe that it has been that long). Anyway doctors do unintentionally kill patients as does conventional medicine as do medications as do nurses. My grandmother had a saying which was "Doctors are practicing medicine." Guess who they are practicing on? Yes! Us!
I have seen patients who got well with conventional medicine and I have seen patients who get well with alternative medicine.:rollsmile I do not think that either one is the best methodology for all patients but instead a blend of both.
However I have worked with cancer patients and have yet to see chemotherapy benefit a patient in the long run.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
Well, for my part, I am grateful for the fine physicians I have, and I have also been grateful for the good nursing care I have received at need. If anyone makes a mistake, well, they make a mistake. As I have said in other posts, life does not come with a risk-free guarantee. Neither system is perfect, neither is demonic; there is room for both.

It seems to me that we can only make our choices as best we can, doing what seems best for ourselves at the time, and then abide by the consequences, good or bad, accepting the responsibility for the choices we have made and not being quick to blame anyone for the outcome which in medicine is always uncertain.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I personally like to have options. If I were to be diagnosed with something scary like cancer, I would hopefully be able to have more than one option to work with. I probably would end up going with the one most researched, just because that makes sense to me. I might add alternative medicine at the same time as I do think that good nutrition, etc., can help build up strength and immunity.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.