Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the odd questions that claims my attention at times is this,
I have noticed when i buy jeans, either for dh or myself, the black ones are tighter than the blue ones.
They can be the same or different brand, but the black ones are always tighter.
Anyone else notcie this? If so anyone know why?
I bought for dh 2 pair of jeans, same style same brand same size. he tried on the blue in the sotre but not the black. He has almsot worn out the blue becasue they fit comfortably, but the black hang in the closet because they are much too tight!
Its really frustrating! He refused to take them back as well, so no they sit just gathering dust!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I think it's a different type of fabric...l've noticed the same thing. When I buy jeans of any color other than blue jeans, they are smaller. I don't think the material "gives" as much.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this! :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I havent paid that muchj attention really as most of my jeans are black anyway. One of the reasons I buy black is because I believe it is slimming, maybe it has just been holding all my fluff better than my blue ones!!!:toothy: :toothy:

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I have noticed this as well...I wonder what the difference is...maybe it is the materal

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That's too funny! I have that problem with light blue colored jeans. They're always about a size smaller on me.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
It is the dye they use, somehow it "tightens" the weave of the fabric. You may also get this with red jeans.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is interesting. I have never noticed it, but now that I read this will pay more attention to it.

Robin, you crack me up.:crackup:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I thought of this thread the other day...

I was trying on two different colors of the exact same pair of jeans, one was a khaki and one was a faded/dirty blue...The khaki one I was swimming in, and the blue one was sooooo tight I could barely walk in them! Good thing they didn't fit right, the last thing I needed was a new pair of jeans :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts