Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into this program as a means to save money for my kids' college educations. Does anyone participate in this program? If so, do you like it?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I do! We have likd $1.73 in there lol.Anyways if you use a credit card(and pay it off each month) it is good.I put down our debit card,but we stopped using that so much,just for the fact that we look at it like a credit card,that when its on us we use it.So we take cash and if we have enough cash we spend it if we don't we don't get that item.But try it and see,its pretty much free money.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I just joined UPromise...this looks like a simple way to put aisde some money for dd. Every little bit helps!! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have one of my kids in it, we have a lot of family members signed up so at the rate we are going her college will be paid for before she even hits junior high..LOL:D

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Yes we have been in it for 5 months and have 60.00 by the time my daughter is in her last semester it may pay for the books. Then we have started another account for the grandbaby.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yes, we joined it. So far we have about $7, but I just added our Kroger shopper card so I expect it to start adding up fairly fast now. It's a painless way for us to save some for dd, might not add up to much seeing as dd is already 13 but every little bit helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts