Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find some places online that sells good quality and reasonable priced glasses. Also, somewhere that sells Acuvue 2 contacts. We currently use an independent place but their prices are high and DS and DH will need a new prescription next month. Thought I might plan ahead so I won't be stuck buying the high price stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have used Visiondirect.com for years. My daughter and I both wear contacts. They frequently send out emails that have promo codes for free shipping or for discounts so it ends up being cheaper than discount warehouses or Walmart. The process is easy, they call your doctor and verify the prescriptions and then send your order out. Doesn't take but a few days even if you don't spring for the fedex type shipping. With glasses, I have Assurant insurance and went to LensCrafters (got almost 30% off) plus they will take coupons on top of that (in the Sunday papers all the time).

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
My best friend just purchased 2 pair of eyeglasses from eyebuydirect.com. They were less than $20 per pair complete with lenses and are so stylish and cute. They were as good a quality as the eyewear stores sell. I have been looking at Zennioptical.com for a couple of new pair for me. They have them as low as $8.00 a pair and they have a good selection of cute frames and they include the scratch protectant in the price. The shipping is only $4.95 whether you order 1 pair or 10 pair. I have lots of my co-workers looking at the same website and they are going to order also. I have found lots of favorable reviews about Zenni, of course there were a few that were unfavorable but I found even more that were happy with their glasses. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
im going to try out zennioptical i think. ive heard a lot of good reviews.
as far as contacts: i have bought from 1800contacts.com before (several times actually) their customer service is awesome. i give them 5 stars. i was having a problem with getting my prescription from a new eye doctor and they were a big help. they also send you emails of sales and remind you when it's time to buy again. i definitely recommend them--im not sure how they stack up against others in regards to price but i know they beat my eye doctors price.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I also buy my contacts at visiondirect. I've also bought them at 1800Contacts once but my particular lenses are cheaper at visiondirect. Both are very good.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I used to buy my contacts with Coastal Contacts. Prices were great considering I needed a special type for dry eye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts