Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gabe often posts some intriguing subjects. It would sure be nice if we could discuss them by replying and having a conversation. Anyone else feel the same way? Maybe if enough of us express interest, something will change. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know why we can't. I don't get it.

Kathy, click New Posts and a bunch of them will probably show up. Gabe used to own the site and still posts articles every now and then.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have to agree. The articles are usually informative and interesting and do make me think.
I am sure it can be changed into a conversation.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Because they are in the blog section, not the forum section (even though the blog postings show here in the forum section). My guess is Gabe may have blog comments turned off to prevent spam and it carries over to hear (though that's purely a guess and could be completely wrong).

Reactions: Spirit Deer

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think it would fun to discuss some of the posts too. Is there some reason you couldn't copy and paste them here? Maybe you could ask the admin.

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know. It just seems like if Gabe wanted them to be discussed, they would be posted so we all could reply, so I hesitate to copy/paste.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
SD make a post under the section they post stuff in. Eventually someone will come on and answer yay or nay. I thought the same thing a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Spirit Deer

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I've wondered this for quite a while. It's a little irritating to have 10 blog posts come up, and no way to discuss them with anyone. I've completely stopped reading them at this point.

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't read many of them anymore either, because I feel like it's kind of pointless when we can't reply.

I did ask Admin about this a while ago. I can't recall now what I was told but I guess nobody checked with Gabe about it.

I also tried to PM Gabe about it, but couldn't find a way to do that.

·
Administrator
552 Posts
Because they are in the blog section, not the forum section (even though the blog postings show here in the forum section). My guess is Gabe may have blog comments turned off to prevent spam and it carries over to hear (though that's purely a guess and could be completely wrong).
It is automated through the blog/article section of the site. I am looking for solutions to stop it. Case #2540307.
They are blurbs of the articles from our homepage.
Frugal Village - Living a Frugal Lifestyle

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Cricket. I think it was you I talked to about it before but I can't recall now what the response was. Thanks for responding again and for looking into it further. :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
It is automated through the blog/article section of the site. I am looking for solutions to stop it. Case #2540307.
They are blurbs of the articles from our homepage.
Frugal Village - Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Is Gabe still doing the blog or are they older ones? Gabe is on Facebook if you want to contact him that way. So is Sara

·
Administrator
552 Posts
No, I post all the articles monthly to FrugalVillage.com (Make sure to check them out!)

We have an amazing writing team, so if you have specific request for certain topics, please holler at me.

P.S. I think we might have resolved the auto posting that had been set up years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts