Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i had to have it....sad....now that we have it, its the same old stuff over and over and over....We use netflix so dh said we might as well let the dish go and save ourselves some money.... however we are in a contract... I did call them to see if i could put a hold on our service for six months as in the winter we do use the television more than we do in the summer... In the summer we do not watch alot of television... however they told me that since i was in my first two years i could not put my service on hold... they did give me an option of $10 a month 15 cable channels...however those months would not go towards my contract......so... i am wondering if anyone knows how much to break a contract....seriously $40 a month times 12 is $480 a year times 10 years is 4800 to watch television.... i really need to start thinking before i make these decisions.

Thanks for your help....

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
It should say on the contract you signed. You did keep a copy, right?

If not, call and ask. Contract laws vary from state to state.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i have it somewhere...

its in a filing cabinet buried under alot of things as trying to redo the bedroom.. i will have to go and look for it...

Thanks to the post that brought up directtv policies....

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If I remember right they told me if I broke a contract with them it would be 100 a month for however long the contract was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts