Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here makes rag quilts. I think they look comfy and cozy. I was checking some out on ebay. I was also wondering if anyone has one and how they wear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, I have made flannel rag quilts. They are really warm and the more they are washed the softer they get. I made one for my sister for Christmas and she said everyone fought over it, so I made one for my bil and nephew the next year. Then my dd asks when will she get hers? So I guess I will be making more for this Christmas!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I haven't made one yet, but I have all of the flannel that I need! I've been working OT at work, but I'll be starting next weekend! Have to get ready for winter and keeping my thermostat down.

You can use fabric from old flannel shirts or I got some of my flannel at the fabric store when it is on sale for like $1.00 per yard.

They are quick and easy, have fun!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I think the most common is 6 1/2 by 6 1/2. I bought some flannel pieces on e-bay recently and they are small rectangles, so this one is going to be cut 6 1/2 by 3 1/2 and I will make it like bricks, off setting each row. I'm going to save the pieces and make a string quilt! Can't waste any fabric!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've made lots of these, as well as the chenille quilts. My only suggestion is to make it larger than you want it to be...they shrink a LOT when washed, especially if you use the cheaper flannel. And make sure when drying it that you stop the dryer about evey 15 minutes to clean out the lint!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I have made smaller raggys but the snip snip with the scissors is hard on my hands!

I have made tons of raggy coasters.

Cricketlegs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts