Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Room by Room the other night on HGTV, and now I'm obsessed with trying to make my own decorative soaps. The ones that they made were done simply with melting the soap bars down and then pouring into molds.

I'd be interested in hearing anything about this from those of you who have tried it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I made my first batch of Melt & pour today. It really is addicting. I checked out ebay today also and have just ordered the cutest things, can't wait to get them. They are Goldfish bags like you get at the fairs. I ordered some clear glycerine soap for them.

Today I made cocunut oil with oatmeal soap.

Tomorrow I am going to try putting Tea Tree oil in the cocunut oil soap. I buy Tea Tree Oil bars of soap for 3.35 a piece!

Scooby

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
scooby said:
I made my first batch of Melt & pour today. It really is addicting. I checked out ebay today also and have just ordered the cutest things, can't wait to get them. They are Goldfish bags like you get at the fairs. I ordered some clear glycerine soap for them.

Today I made cocunut oil with oatmeal soap.

Tomorrow I am going to try putting Tea Tree oil in the cocunut oil soap. I buy Tea Tree Oil bars of soap for 3.35 a piece!

Scooby
Are you making something like this?
It's so adorable. I would love to make soaps. It's on my list of must do's. *sigh* I really need to make more time for things I want to do.

Please whenever you want to share your tips on soapmaking, I know a lot of us are interested. :)

Sara

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's it Sara! I think that is the neatest! Living in Florida alot of my friends have their bathrooms decorated in Fish/ocean themes and I thought these would be great gifts.

I'll let you know how the Tea Tree Soap turns out.

Scooby

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Is glycerin soap as easy as it looks to make?

I would like to make glycerin soap. It looks so easy to make.

Any tips?

I know nothing about soapmaking, so bear with me here.

Sara

·
Registered
380 Posts
wow Sara those are neat, thanks for sharing. Things have beenretty hectic here so I haven't had a chance to do anymore.

Scooby:paw:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts