Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing these fabric lined baskets. (nested set of 3) for 20$ for months. Now I know I could hunt all over and find cheaper baskets and line them with fabric myself etc. BUT these are all bleached willow and would all match. I have this large closet that currently holds a ton of hba items. I'd like to have some of these baskets to organize and for decoration too.

Does anyone else have fabric lined baskets they use to organize and if so...do you find yourself tossing junk in them or do you use them for what you intended?

I am a real minimalist. I don't own an excessive amount of much and am not one for "stuff", but these baskets have been calling me for a really long time. :toothy:

I guess my problem is that when I lived in NY...I came across baskets all the time. (both at work and at sales) Now I live in MI and I only seem to come across the ugliest baskets at the thrift stores. I could wait for some good sales at Michaels and possibly find a deal there though.

I need to hear from some people that use and love their baskets. lol This will sound silly, but I need a nudge to actually SPEND. I rarely buy things for myself and often will go as far as placing an item in my cart and putting it back!

I'm the world's biggest window shopper and wishlist creator, but am not a big spender.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Sara, I love baskets, but in other peoples homes. So here is the nudge, go and splurge on those baskets and enjoy them to the fullest.

My aunt uses baskets in her home and when I visited her, I loved how she used them. She had them in her bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen. It was great to see how she used them.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
id say go for it Sara~ I love baskets and use em quite often. I have one that i keep files in, one that i take to the farmers markets, one my mom made me for a "purse", one i keep hba in the bathroom closet, i have em everywhere. i hope though to get some better quality ones than the ones i already have.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Ok, as a Basket consultant for a certain company...LOL ;) I have to say I do love my baskets. According to Woman's Day magazine, if you have things out it is clutter, but if it is in baskets its organized. I keep magazines in baskets until i get a chance to read them, tv remote and etc in basket, paper plates in a basket when I have a party, etc etc etc. The basket on the table can sometimes get junky, but it bothers me so I frequently clean that out. :) Go ahead Sara and take the plunge.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they look like these....

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
they are so pretty!! I have big baskets, i love em.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I love those baskets and I use them all over my house for different things. I can find my at Target for a pretty good price. Walmart has had them also. I say go for it!!

·
27,948 Posts
Get 'em ...You know you want them and heck, they want you:D
Sara's getting baskets,Sara's getting baskets.:D

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
According to Woman's Day magazine, if you have things out it is clutter, but if it is in baskets its organized.
I'm another basket user. I have one in the bathroom for all my hair junk, and another to keep my papers in. I use those cheap little Dollar Store baskets for almost everything.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just bought my first fabric-lined basket yesterday at Target. It's just right to keep under our coffee table in the living room, and holds all of Isaac's toys (rattles, interlocking letters, etc.). I think it cost $6.99, and definitely makes the area look so much nicer. Go for it - you won't regret the purchase!:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I love baskets, too! I have a few baskets, but mostly for decorating purposes...I would love square baskets like these for organizing! Is the fabric liner detachable, so we can wash it once in a while? That would be so practical...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have baskets similar to that for DD changing table. It's all open with no doors so it really gets cluttered easily. On one shelf, I have 3 baskets that are long but narrow- 1 to hold diapers, another for socks, shoes, headbands and the like and the other one is for bath soap, lotions, diaper rash cream, orajel etc.

On the bottom shelf, I have 2 big baskets like the ones you want- one for toys and the other I have rolled hooded towels and washcloths.

I just love baskets, but I'm also a sucker for decorative boxes:D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Do I use fabric-lined baskets?? Ha! :laugh: DH would be ROTFL if he saw that question.

"Hi, my name is Amy, and I'm a Longaberger basket addict." :D

There are literally baskets in every room of my house, and most of them (probably 95%) are used for things other than just sitting on a shelf looking pretty. I use baskets for everything.... organizing bills, storing baby things, food, flowers, pet treats, pens, books, tissues, my address file, diskettes, lotions, recipes, storing cookie cutters, etc. In fact, just this week I took some snapshots of Maria sitting inside one of my Longaberger baskets!

If that set is calling you, then yes, I say get them and use them.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I have the same set for my changing table, I hate that open shelf look with the clutter. I use a big open basket as a hamper in the kids room, I have them all on top of the fridge to hold snacks and drink boxes, I have a basket that holds napkins on the table and I have a bunch that hang from the walls and ceiling in the mudroom to grab and use when I entertain, or need one to fill for a gift. I keep one on my night table to catch any coupons or circulars I go through in bed and any thing I need to bring downstairs in the a.m.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
So Sara, did ya buy the baskets yet? I really like those in the pic. Makes me wanna go buy some. I, too, use baskets to organize things. I'm also a big rubbermaid container user to store stuff in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts