Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH left early yesterday and I wasn't feeling that great so I went to lay down for half an hour. I turned on the tv and her show was on. It was great!! I love the way she gives such solid advice and no foolin' around!! I will have to remember when it is on.

I understand she has books out too, does she have a "set" way to get rid of debt or is it a general view?

Editing to add:

I have just been at her website:

http://www.suzeorman.com/home.asp

Under "Resources" there are alot of articles.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I got one of her books from the Library. So far, it has good advice. I am not one for financial stuff, but she makes it interesting. She gives you steps to follow and what to do to improve your overall financial health. (as she calls it). She also gives worksheets and questionaires to fill out to help. These are in the back of her book. I would check it out. It is called "The Laws of Money, The Lessons of Life.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I love her! I didn't know she had a show though. I did see part of a show with her on pbs once.
I have her book, "9 steps to financial freedom"
I loved the answer to one womans question. She had a rent house she wanted to sell but she didn't want to get hit with high taxes on it.Suze told her, "taxes mean you made money, taxes are really a GOOD thing!"

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last night a lady a lady called in and thought her boyfriend should be buying her a $10,000.00 engagement ring instead of the $2,000.00 he had picked out. The woman thought because he made $85,000. a year that he should do this and suggested that if this didn't happen her way she could see financial arguments in the future................Suze's answer was "If I were him I wouldn't be marrying you!!!" Love it!! Plain and simple......marriage is about love NOT how big your engagement ring is and the fact that if she wanted the big ring she should pay the difference!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've never heard of her...

And who came up with the crap of an engagement ring should be equal to something like 6 months' salary anyways? I hate how gem companies (for example De Beers diamonds) try to make it sound like you're not loved (if you're a woman) or you don't love her enough (if you're a guy) if you don't have/buy a diamond ring for a billion dollars. It's such a crock. I guess I must be the most unloved person on the planet since I never got an engagement ring of any kind and wear a $20.00 10K gold wedding band.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'll be the dissenter here LOL...I think she gives pretty good advice, but I can't stand her! She's very condescending, and I hate the way she talks.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
oh i love her..she is the one who got me thinking of being more frugal..she is very streight forward.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I've never seen or heard of her show...sounds real interesting.
I'll have to look around for some of her books.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Down here, she is on every Saturday and Sunday evening at 8:00
then at 11:00 again.
I love her advice, but like someone said she can be a little condescending sometimes. But she is really just being truthful and straightforward and sometimes I guess it can really step on some people's toes.
I really love it when children call in for advice on how to save their money.

I have her portfolio protection plan and have created our own wills, health and financial powers of attorney. I still have not created a trust yet (Still confused about that one) That green box is (according to my dh) is the best thing about the portfolio. It has sections in it for keeping anything important together. At a moments notice, you can just grab the box and then hit the door to get out if necessary. You know where everything is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts