Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as much as I do, although this past summer dh really got into gardening. I'm hoping he'll do more this coming season.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
DH is a great gardener, and fortunately his "crops" are different from mine so we kind of balance out.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Scott doesn't like working in the garden at all. When we've done the hard landscaping he has helped my father (as he thinks I'm too much of a flibbertyjibbert and we'd never get things done!)

When it comes down to anything else he's not at all interested. He will move slugs to the compost bin on my behalf but that's it.

So far he has chosen one plant for the window box in the front garden, the rest of the time he just tells me to buy it if I like it. He'd do well if I sent him out on his own though as he knows the adage "if in doubt get a red one". Red is my favourite colour and virtually anything red will make me happy!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
When DH and I were first married, he helped me tremendously with my flower garden... He even planted my roses for me.. Now a days he wouldn't even bat an eye to help me... I wish he would though, because he would be a geat help to me......

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My dh is an amazing gardener!!!He is meticulous about the lawn and keeps the edging done. I do weed control. We have a long term plan in place to get our yard/garden the way we want it. We spend most of our summers working on the landscaping and enjoying the yard. When I met him he had the most incredible vegatable garden! We are putting in raised beds this year, finally!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes .My dh loves to garden as much as I do and it can cause some turf wars lol lol:toothy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Mine is not interested in the vegetable garden, but he is quite generous about helping me with the heavy work (tilling or spading or setting up a new bed). He also mows our lawn (a two-hour job) about 90% of the time.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I think he worked harder in/with our garden last year then I did.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yes, he loves it...though he would rather tend to his indoor plants.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nope. I'm the gardener and he's the houseplant dude. He does help out in the garden a LOT, though, doing whatever I say needs done. He likes the produce too much not to help out. LOL

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
This is a funny question. lol Not sure how he'd answer, but I'd say no he doesn't garden. He does do a ton of the heavy labor stuff though for me like digging and hauling. He's done some planting. He'll water too, so well I guess I should say he does. ;)

He'd probably say no Sara doesn't garden since I don't do what he does, but do plant and grow seeds and plants and weed. lol

Together somehow some plants grow and live. rofl

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
DH is more of a gardener than I am. I try really hard and can grow some things but it just comes natural to DH, he was born with a green thumb and he loves gardening.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
DH is the gardener in our house....I just steal the green tomatoes from his garden and fry them!

·
Registered
674 Posts
My husband loves his vegetable garden. He looks forward to it every year. He works really hard in it. I am still learning but I love it too.

·
4,028 Posts
My husband helps when its time to till. And as we are expanding the veggie garden this season, he will be the one doing most of the heavier work. But he really doesn't care about the up keep of the veggies. :( even though he benefits from them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts