Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat gets all anxious and wants to find the cat or kitten yelling whenever I play a cat video on the computer. It doesn't matter what kind of cat. A cat, baby lion, baby tiger, she will come up to the computer and try to find whatever is crying. Any other animal doesn't bother her. Sometimes the cat likes to watch the arrow roll around on the computer screen.

How about you? Does your pet react to the tv or computer? If so what is it they find so fascinating?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
MY dog goes nuts if she hears a dog barking or growling on the tv.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
My dog freaks out if there is a doorbell noise on the tv! I have to actually open the door and show him there is no one there.

The cats watch the computer.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Our dog will sit and watch the tv quite often. He likes when there is a dog on it and cop cars the best.

Our one cat will sit in front of the computer for hours! :)

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Mine aren't interested in what is on the screen, but if they hear a hurt cat or dog crying on tv they will get freaked out.

My girl kitty reacts to recorded birdsong on the computer.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
My dog freaks out if there is a doorbell noise on the tv!
Mine used to.........think it was a Dominos commercial that had the door bell ring and every time they went nutso. They would bail off my lap knowing that I was going to answer the door.....NOT! They have sort of mellowed out about it now.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The dog we had in the days of dot-matrix printers would totally lose it whenever we used the printer!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Missy, aw! :mushy:

I cannot recall ever having a cat that paid any attention to the computer or the TV.

They were either all very bright and realised that the images/sounds were not interactive or they were thoroughly unobservant and a bit dim :skept:

·
Registered
867 Posts
We have a dog that whines when babies cry. She will get up and pace and sit by me and whine. She also loves to bark at dogs ANYWHERE (tv, street, house, radio...)! I guess she is just a social doggie :)

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Last night I was watching tv and there was a noise that sounded like the smoke detector. The cat was lying there sleeping and quickly got up looking around thinking the smoke alarm had just gone off. It took her awhile before she settled down. But she was ready to evacuate if needed.

·
Registered
540 Posts
We have 2 cats, one is to lazy to care what she hears on tv and the other one is on crack and reacts to everything there or not there..

·
Registered
984 Posts
The cats dont care about the tv or computer except one of them freaks out if the kids are playing the wii. He gets on the sewing basket by the tv so he can paw the tv when the cursor is on. The dog reacts sometimes to the tv if there is a loud sound but for the most part she ignores it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
We had a little dog when I was a teenager who loved to watch "Flipper" on tv. She would sit through the half hour program and watch. One night, Flipper came right up and filled the entire screen with his open mouth. Our dog yelped and ran behind the chair. She never watched the program after that.

The dog we have now doesn't pay any attention to the tv but once I was watching a home video of our dog and SIL's puppy when they first met and were playing. Our dog heard the puppy barking and ran to the tv and watched herself and the puppy playing with the most puzzled expression on her face. She would glance at me like "what is going on?".

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ohh. I have six dogs. They hear a siren, they start howling. They hear someone knock on the door, they start barking. They hear a baby they start whining. We dont watch tv much ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not really, at least not yet. Sometimes the dog will perk up his ears and listen, but the interest doesn't last long. However, he does love to sit on my lap and watch the cursor move on the computer screen.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
When Josie was a puppy she would rush the tv and whine, bark, fuss. We had to curb the behavior because as a big dog we didn't want that. It was cute though when she was so little!

Arlo regularly watches tv with me, the other dogs only watch if there is a cat or real dog bark/whine noise. (they wont bark if the sound was too fake)

I'm attaching a picture of him and Josie watching That Darn Cat. They watched it for quite some time. He is the one closest to the tv.

When/if I get a new tv I'm putting the old one down in the doggy area for Arlo to watch while I'm gone because it really does interest him.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
When the boys play one of their games on the video game thing, one of the cats paws at the fairy that follows the character (think it is a zelda game).

Another cat goes buggy and tries to find the kitten if you play this one distressed kitten wav.

That same cat will try to get the cursor if she is on my desk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.