Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours does. Supposedly we are to water/wash cars etc only on even numbered days.
I've lived where the restrictions were more strict.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We do too. Gabe is like the water police. ;) lol He notices neighbors on our street that water on off days.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
No we don't but we really conserve our water amount. We get 3,000 litres free every 3 months. We go over, theres no question about that, but we really work at watching every drop we use.

My challenge to myself is to see how many less litres I can use each month and if I can come anywhere close to the 1,000 litres.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
We have odd even lawn watering restrictions we are on the odd side. I am the watering police in our neiborhood, I wish I could call some one when people are watering on the wrong days.

I seek over late at night (wen I am done with work)and leave the wattering rules in there door.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We had a new water plant built and a sewer system put in this town 10 years ago.. We are still paying.... They have no restrictions but the cost of water here is very inhibiting.... Last month my water and sewer bill was $110.00 for 1075 gallons....:mad: Does anyone else pay that much ???????

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
We have major restrictions on us. We can only water on certain days (we are allowed to water on Satrudays at our house based on our address). We can't save rain water, even in covered barrels...they are afraid of West Nile, as well. We are only allowed to water for an hour between the hours of midnight and 9 am on our designated days. And no unnecessary watering, by this they mean no car washing if the water that falls on the ground hold no benefit for the lawn or such. If you use too much in house water you are subject to a fine. they base this on your meter readings, and compare to past years use or something. This is because of how depleted our lakes and rivers have been after last years need for water during the fires, and our droughts.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
yep--can only water between 7 and 8 AM or after 8 PM and only on certain days (even or odd depending on your address).

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I just moved into town, before this we had spring water. We don't have restrictions but I was shocked with the $57.00 bill. But now I quess that's not to bad.
Jeanna

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Currently, we don't have any water restrictions, but I remember a few years ago during a drought, we were restricted to lawn watering on certain days and if you wanted to wash your vehicle, then you had to take it to one of the carwashes that you pay for.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
We have well water here in our town and we don't have any restrictions and never have. I am very concerned at all times with our water usage though, even though we have a pool I try to be very stingy with the water.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No water restrictions here. We pay approx. $80 every 4 months to our town.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts