Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had never taken a dog to a dog park. But knowing my new dog was part Basenji, I knew he'd need a chance to run and run and run. What a hoot! I'm so happy he had no problems socializing and left nice and tired. It's just too bad it's 20 miles away, but well worth the trip. They had separate areas for the big and small dogs.

I may contact our city's parks/rec and see if there is any interest in having one here. It would be very popular. Anyone have any experience in proposing or developing a dog park?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
No, no exp.

We have another one going in here.....on the other side of town.

I WISH the one on the Idaho line had a spot for small and big dogs. I quit going as all the big dogs about 'mashed' Muff when we entered and it freaked her out. And too many people with Pit Bulls that weren't being watched by the owners.

We also have a 'paying' one going in that is close.......will be interesting to see how that goes. I don't see it being a success here but will be watching it.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Was just on our news tonight that a few dogs have picked up kennel cough at a dog park in Coeur D'Alene.........not good.

No dog park requests any shot records so you are taking your chances with others dogs and if they have vaccinated. Don't know how they could enforce it anyway.........no 'monitors' there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts