Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smhelp: My DD -loves- her Barbie dolls... I made her some clothes last Christmas... working on curtains, sheets, blankets, tablecloths and towels for her Barbie house & spa... (Barbie has nicer stuff than I do... I hate her :lol )

She is now starting to fall in love with her Babies... she has a girl doll (sz 0-3m) which I was able to get clothes for at the $5/bag sale at a consignment shop... she is favoring her boy doll... poor thing has only the diaper it came in and a t-shirt I took from his 'sister-doll'. The boy-doll (Jair) is smaller than a 'normal doll'.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make him some clothes? Nothing fancy... is there a site, a pattern, something? If I have to look at Jair glaring at me in his diaper and "princess' t-shirt... :ack:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Hard to say, without an actual size of the doll.

You can take the T-shirt that he's wearing, trace it, add seam allowances and make your own pattern from that.

I'll search for doll clothes patterns and get back to you.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Now don't laugh too much at this one--I needed a pattern for premie babies and they were all ugly. So I bought a doll pattern and modified it. It worked perfect. This pattern has 3 sizes in it. The largest one was the size of a Cabbage Patch Doll, the smallest is for an 8 to 10" doll. I got it at Walmart, McCalls Crafts 8554. This is pretty girly, but sounds like your a sewer and it would be easy to modify into boy clothes. They may have more patterns--I don't remember. Patterns are much more reasonable at Walmart. Have fun!!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
http://heavenlyangelsinneed.com/patterns/Yvonne's%20pants%20pattern.pdf

This is a crochet pattern (size can be changed by changing hook size and yarn type). If you can make these (or have someone make them) then you can use them as a pattern for sewing - as I said for the T-shirts.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your great ideas! I didn't even think about crocheting the pants!!! maybe I will get creative and make him overalls (what has my life come to when I am planning wardrobe for a doll??? :lol ) I will search around to see if anyone has that McCalls pattern, otherwise, I may have to wait for JoAnnes to have it's .99 pattern sale...

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would be happy to send you the 8-10" pattern pieces and instructions if you are interested. Just PM me your address.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:hurray: Thank you!!! I sent you my address... you know, I am SO glad to have all of you!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm more than happy to pass them along! I tend to feel a little guilty if I have craft stuff just sitting idle.:rollsmile Not sure if I will be sewing anymore doll clothes. I know the twins are not premie size anymore! 10 #'s of chubby smiles now!!

BTW I love the "Hell Froze Over" Fund. May have to start one of these!!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Wandering!!! I worked my way to the mailbox (walker in all) because I was feeling bored and depressed because I wasn't being productive... and... (insert angelic music here) there were the patterns you promised me!

If I can't figure out how to convert the girl clothes for a boy... my DD will just have to have the first transevestite baby in history :lol:

Once again, thank you! You have NO idea how much better I feel now!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Your very welcome!! Blue fabric, get rid of the ruffles, your all set.

How is the leg doing? We sure don't bounce like we use to. Hurts a lot more now to fall/get run over by a bike now. Hang in there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts