Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not even know that the Dollar Store had such a thing until they built one here in town. Matthew and I went in there to check things out and were surprised. It is set up just like a Wal-Mart Supercenter. They are a little cheaper on their meat, about 20 cents per lb. While we were there we got one 15 lb. Turkey for $5.00, a 15 lb bag of potatoes for $2.00, a block of Velveeta Cheese for $1.00, a whole cut up chicken for $2.00 and numerous other items. They even carry dvd players, televisions, Playstation 2 games, dvd's and vhs movies. I couldn't believe it. I am glad the store is here though, I will be shopping there again!!!!

Does anyone else have a Dollar General Market near them?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I wish!!! No, I've never even heard of it. We have a Dollar General Store, but it's just a little store, probably no more than 5000 sq. feet, if that. We can buy a few grocey items there and they're cheaper than Wal-Mart. I like their store brands,too. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
No, but at least one Dollar General here added milk and a few other fresh/frozen items. This is the smallest one in town AND the busiest. Wish they would move next door to the empty supermarket and expand. LOL

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just googled this and apparently this is in a test market phase. This definitely sounds like a store I would shop at! Good deals! Way to go!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i will have to chek our phone book, i don't think i have heard of them.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I wish they would put one here! I do buy a few grocery items at DG. The DG stores here sell milk and bread too. Just fluffery white bread, though. I can't eat that stuff.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Never heard of them either. Sounds like you got some great deals there. Enjoy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts