Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else shop at these stores exclusivly for household staples like TP, paper towels, different types of soaps.. etc? Or are we the only one's...haha.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I shop there for ziplock bags, brooms, mops, storage bowls, things like that.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Can't say I do, but I do like the bowl covers they have. They are like saran wrap with elastic.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We purchase most of our cleaning supplies from the dollar type stores. I watch of good sales on shower gels, shampoos and conditioners threre also. I try to stock up when I find a good Dollar Tree deal, enough to hold me until the next deal comes along :) .

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I get most of my cleaning supplies there. Dollar General is usually pretty reasonably priced. Of course dollar tree is $1.

I get suave shampoo from our grocery store. They usually have it on sale a few times a year for .69. I stock up and buy again when it's on sale. It's usually a few pennies cheaper at walmart. But if you're buying the bigger name brands, dollar general is almost always a better deal.

I always go there for cards and gift wrapping supplies, especially gift bags. Always a $1 at dollar tree, no matter the size.

·
Registered
956 Posts
we buy all our gift bags, cards, plastic storage containers, and stocking stuffers there. Sometimes I will buy cleaners and HBA, but usually sales + coupons make those cheaper for me elsewhere.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I shop there on occasion, but I am trying to stay away from paper towels, paper plates, etc... I do shop get their 1 gallon jugs of juice for $1, cant beat that! :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I wish I could find a dollar store that actually sold things for a dollar.

I've poked around a so-called dollar store and saw prices that were like.. $5. I was so confused and distrustful.. I left the store.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wish granted! (boy do I feel like Tinkerbelle!)

I wish I could find a dollar store that actually sold things for a dollar.

I've poked around a so-called dollar store and saw prices that were like.. $5. I was so confused and distrustful.. I left the store.
Dollar Tree actually does.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sudoku books! And cleaning supplies and toiletries and ziploc bags and giftwrap stuff. I can do better on food prices elsewhere, but I'm definitely into Dollar Tree for those items.

Dollar General I get cat litter and certain foods at routinely. Occasionally I get some clothing items and household stuff there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I buy shampoo, soap, cleaning supplies, and other things at Dollar Tree. You can often find bonus sizes there and at my house bonus is always a plus. Last month they had Aim toothpaste, two full size tubes plus a travel size tube {for only a dollar of course}.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I buy random items at dollar stores. It depends on the deals. I love looking!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I don't really go to the dollar stores here in Canada, but I can tell you that the ones I have been to haven't had much anything for a dollar. I find that you get better deals on things like toilet paper, paper towels, etc from the drug stores (Shoppers Drug Mart had paper towels for 49 cents a roll last week - wish I had gone :( ).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dollar Tree does sell everything for a dollar, except for the items that are 2 for $1 or 3 for $1. Most items are a good deal there, but the stores generally get trashed by frantic customers by the end of the day. It can't be a fun place to work. There are occasional inexplicable finds ... one time they had 8 copies of Stephen King's book "On Writing", I couldn't resist at $1 each -- I gave 4 as Xmas presents and sold the others for about $8 each. I don't do sudoku, but if my wife wants a word search puzzle book, why pay $6.95 at the book store when they're $1 here?

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Dollar Tree, everything is a dollar. I usually go there about once a month. Mostly just for various little things.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've gotten some containers and garbage cans there. I mainly like browsing. As for cleaning products, it's so much cheaper and safer to use baking soda and vinegar around the house.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts