Frugal Village Forums banner

Dollar store FIND!!

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  latierra84 
#1 ·
Having come back north a month earlier than usual, my hands were really dry. Lotion does not do much. I went in WM looking for a product I remembered call creamy petroleum jelly, that worked wonders when I used to go camping and did the dishes outside. They didn't have it. Almost bought something else but I was too cheap.

Went next door to Dollar Tree, there it was!! For a dollar! Even got the bonus size with 50% more. Hands are healing nicely. The skin on my legs is always dry, even when I put lotion on after a shower. I tried the CPJ after a shower and the skin did not get all dry and flaky after 12 hours!!

#3 ·
I like Dollar Tree but don't go often. It's not even far from the house but I just don't remember to go or check there. One thing I do know is that if you find something it's best to get what you need for awhile even if it's multiples cause they tend to not have it again when you go back. That just happened to me about a month ago. I went in to get something I'd seen before but nope, no longer.

#4 ·
~Isn't that funny?! Dollar Tree can have some really great surprises. I love getting Yardley soap there. The Buttermilk Shea is fabulous and great for my sensitive skin girls. $3.50 a bar online or at the drugstore. :O

I also vote for Gold Bond lotion, only I buy Walmart's Equate brand. Between the Shea soap and the GB lotion, my skin stays soft year-round.~

#6 ·
Last time I bought soap there, there was ONE 3 ounce (huge) bar of Verbena Oatmeal soap so I grabbed it. The size that is usually sold in TJ Maxx. Will last me for years!! I have actually seen Yardley soap cheaper (79 cents) in my supermarket (Price Chopper).

#7 ·
I really like the off brand q-tips that they sell at dollar tree

Look for the ones that are white and paper stem not the colored plastic stem. Those are flimsy and the white hard paper ones are just like the original QTips brand!!! They are awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.