Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in Dollar Tree before going into Walmart since they close early on Sundays. As I filled my basket with tissue paper, kid's stickers, 3 pack Ivory soap & such, DH found a pack of batteries just the size for my watch. :mdance: To think I was planning to spend $3-4 at Walmart for 1. So far my watch is working great since DH replaced the battery last night. :tay: What a Deal & I have 7 more batteries if this one doesn't last very long! Need to get by Dollar Tree more often! Anyone want to share your recent finds?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
We got Malt-o-meal box/bagged cereals at our Dollar Tree a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got these big (5 qt) airtight plastic canisters. I will put my hot cocoa mix, cookie mix and bread mixex in them. I have been looking for something like this but at Target and Walmart they are over $5 a piece....I saved $12! I love bargains!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's awesome. :thumb:

I stopped into our DT on Saturday. I got dd two pretty hair bows, and two pairs of tights for her Christmas pictures. I probably saved $5 or more.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I love Dollar Tree--never know what you're going to find there. I stocked up on orangeglow furniture polish a while back at Dollar Tree, it was the "orangeglow" brand, not the knock-off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I go into the dollar tree for their rope dog toys, wooden spoons, and beads. I use them as parts in making parrot toys for my bird. Pet toys are so expensive!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I haven't been in Dollar Tree in months - I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a trip just to peek inside. :D

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Now that the holiday season is fast approaching - I pop into there when I go cross border shopping. I know where one is exactly in relation to where I plan to shop and I map out the route accordingly WITH my list(s)! :lol:

I love the fact that you can actually buy brand name items for $1 and not poorly made knock offs that dont work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love DT, when I did a basket for a baby shower, I found onesies for 1.00 and the booties to match. I just embroidered the onesies with different designs and embroidered the babies name on them. Quite a savings, since Walmart's onesies are so expensive. I did however, buy a pack of trifold diapers in walmart to make embroidered burp clothes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love Dollar Tree, but don't get there very often. I live in a city and you can burn up a lot of gas driving if you don't buy what you can close to home and plan/consolidate trips when you do need to go outside the neighborhood. We don't have a Dollar Tree close to us now, but when I do manage to make it to one I like to stock up on bubble bath and soap. I also look at the glassware and plastic storage containers, but they often don't have what I need at the moment. I bought a lot of stuff at Dollar Tree for my mom's birthday party last year. I also like to look at the craft area. Their silk flowers usually look really good.

What they do have does seem to vary, so if you have favorite brands or things that you buy regularly it's kind of hard to find them all the time at Dollar Tree. I've also noticed that some of the stores are cleaner/better organized than others.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I absolutely love Dollar Tree. I can find so many great things there. I am room mom and needed a holiday craft for the school party. I went there and found a package of 12 wood ornaments for $1...love that! I bought two packages and went home to round up paints, glitter, beads etc to take to school. It was a big hit, even the teacher made an ornament. {and cost $2.00 + tax}

I have nade so many gift baskets from that store. Even the basket is $1!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Made it into DT mid-December & got a few deals! 4 pre-printed Christmas boxes (8x10"), a magazine, 2 battery operated tealights & stickers. Need to stock up on tissue paper, scrapbook/craft supplies & glass candle holders on my next trip.

Plus my watch battery from November is still going strong! I just love those Dollar Tree Deals!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I went last night and I was bummed out that most of their holiday decorations had been sold and what was left was very picked over.

I did buy my pure & natural soap 3/$1 and a small tube of udderly smooth cream. I love how soft this stuff makes my hands and I can't find it anywhere for $1. I bought a congratulations card for 50 cents and Ajax dish detergent for $1 (I can usually find a better deal when I have a coupon for dish soap, but I don't have any coupons right now, so I had to spend a $1). I saw one of my co-workers in there and it made me feel good that I am not the only one who likes to save some money by shopping there :).

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hmmm...I might have to make a trip this weekend. =) I found some great candle holders to decorate my bathroom. I always buy gift bags there, too. Sometimes they will have 2 pack of bags for $1. Cards are really inexpensive, too!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I have heard that their pregnancy testing kits are really cheap there. I no longer have a need for such products but it's good to know that if you needed it you could get it cheap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sometimes at night check out their dumpsters and might get lucky to find boxes of cereal, fabric softner, ladys douches, bottles of cleaners, all sorts of items, like i do. your be shocked to see what they throw away

1 - 20 of 36 Posts