Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ the $ Tree you can buy 1 &1/2 # bag of frozen french fries (in their freezer case) for, of course, $1. Aldi's price is $1.69 for a 2# bag. So... you're getting 3#'s of $tree for 2$--compared to Aldi's 2#bag...that's an extra 1# for 31c. And they're good & will buy them again. :) 1serv=110cal, 2.5gmfat, 1gmfiber

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been making HM FF for as long as I can remember. But a 1&1/2# bag of frozen FF, costing 1 buck, to use in a pinch, won't break the bank. I would think there is folks out there that would like to know the comparison. Thanks for the websites.

·
Registered
210 Posts
dollar store veggies

I have been buying $ tree veggies for some time now, and have saved a bundle.Our $ Tree carries cascade farms organic shredded potatoes, as well as fries and wedges. I also get 16 oz bags of spinach, whole green beans, 3 pepper and onion mix, corn, peas and carrots, and many more. These items are all 2-3 dollars more next door at the A&P. So on shopping day I hit $ Tree first, then finish at A&P, if you have a dollar store that carries cold and freezer items you might want to stop by for a look, you might be very surprised at what you find there.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have been buying $ tree veggies for some time now, and have saved a bundle.Our $ Tree carries cascade farms organic shredded potatoes, as well as fries and wedges. I also get 16 oz bags of spinach, whole green beans, 3 pepper and onion mix, corn, peas and carrots, and many more. These items are all 2-3 dollars more next door at the A&P. So on shopping day I hit $ Tree first, then finish at A&P, if you have a dollar store that carries cold and freezer items you might want to stop by for a look, you might be very surprised at what you find there.
WOW!! organic at the $tree! That's awesome. I may need to check out my local $tree!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today from the $ Tree, I bought 2#bags of hash browns. I also bought broccoli, cauliflower/broccoli mix in 1# bags. They also have strawberries, blueberries, peaches. The oz's-I didn't check. The clerk said they have customers who will buy $100, at a time, of frozen food.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I have a frozen section in my $ Tree and usually check to see what they have.

Have tried some of it and didn't like it though so I am very careful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We were addicted to french fries in this household until a heart attack forced us to change a few things. We now just clean and slice a whole potato and toss it in the oven. You might be pleasently surprised when you can taste the real thing! We love our plain home made fries.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I bought 2 1lb 4oz bags of shoestring fries from Save A Lot yesterday for .50 each. I buy them instead of having fast food on our busy days or weekends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts