Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The company said Tuesday that it will begin selling items at $1.25 and $1.50 at some locations for the first time. It will also add $3 and $5 items to more stores, expanding on a prior strategy in recent years to move away from only offering goods for $1. "

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They have been shrinking packages and deleting items that they could not afford to sell for $1 for years now. Inevitably we were going to reach a point where they couldn't make the sizes any smaller or the quality any cheaper... I just hope that they won't be raising prices and shrinking sizes and selection at the same time...

It will be interesting to see WHICH "some locations" will be having the price increases first... I'm thinking California for sure, and anywhere else that has the higher state-mandated minimum wages.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They have been shrinking packages and deleting items that they could not afford to sell for $1 for years now. Inevitably we were going to reach a point where they couldn't make the sizes any smaller or the quality any cheaper... I just hope that they won't be raising prices and shrinking sizes and selection at the same time...

It will be interesting to see WHICH "some locations" will be having the price increases first... I'm thinking California for sure, and anywhere else that has the higher state-mandated minimum wages.
Oh, I'm sure we'll be seeing it first! :LOL: Honestly, it makes sense and I'm surprised it has taken this long for the change. We've gotten so used to everything being $1 for so long, and they just can't keep up with the economy that way. Maybe we'll see an improvement in quality again, but probably not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts