Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MIL wants to start doing this and her birthday is coming up this week. Does anyone know where I can get a starter kit, etc... for a decent price? I was thinking about checking out Michaels today to see if they carry her products.

I know absolutely nothing about Donna Dewberry or One Stroke painting! LOL!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Walmart carries Donna Dewberry supplies also. They are pretty reasonably priced there. I love her one stroke painting style, I am going to give it a try soon also.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your suggestions ladies. I'll be checking the sites out today :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to brave it and headed out to the stores this morning. First stop Walmart.... they didn't have much of a selection at all but I picked up the paint palette for $4.95. Then I headed to Michael's..... I had a 40% off coupon and picked up a starter set of 24 paints.... reg price $12.99 minus discount... $7.79. Then on to Jo Ann's with a 40% off coupon for there too. I picked up a nice set of brushes....reg price $19.99 minus discount $11.99. Total for everything.... $24.73 vrs $37.93 (reg price) I was quite happy :) I planned on spending $25, but without the discounts I wouldn't have been able to get much more than the brushes.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
great deal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts