Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am writing this thread as penitence for neglecting to vacuum the coils and fan on my refrigerator. DW and I are doing our annual top to bottom cleaning. I took the access panel off of the frig and was completely disgusted with myself. The condensing fan was completely clogged by dog hair. We have a mastiff who sheds copiously. The frig had to be costing us money due to having to work harder and use electricity. Also, it could have shorten the useful life of it due to overworking. What other cleaning projects do you do that will make you money?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Last time I vacuumed under my fridge, my hair got sucked up into the vacuum - I was tramatized :) LOL

I did change my furnace filter today - wow that was bad. Need to remember to do that more often.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, Fixer! I left myself a note on the bathroom mirror to do that first thing tomorrow -- I think DH would be irritated if I ran the vacuum at this hour of the night ;)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I usually clean all of my appliances once a month or so. The vent at the bottom of the fridge is the worst, followed by the washer/dryer combination. I clean up all of the excess lint with an old dryer sheet and then use a J-Cloth on the surfaces to get the rest of it (along with any dried-on laundry detergent). I clean out the coffeemaker once a month too and I wipe down every other appliance after I use it. My mother was a total clean freak when I was younger and I was subjected to it in the Marine Corps too. If it has streaks, I'll spend forever getting them off.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
what a great reminder, thanks!....and I need to change my air furnace filter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts