1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take square waffle pretzels.
Add a Rolo to the top of each pretzel.
Bake at 300 degrees for 4 minutes.
Take them out and squish an almond or a Hershey Kiss on top. (We have a nut allergy, so we went with the Kisses.)
Let cool.
See if you can eat just one.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
This sounds really good...may try it and thanks for the idea!

·
27,948 Posts
Dd made them for us at Thanksgiving and she called them Pretzel Turtles.:) And yes they are so addicting, the salt and the sweet go great together. She made hers with square pretzel, rollo & pecan.

·
8,714 Posts
~I just heard of these this year! You can also use circle pretzels with a kiss and m&m. I'm buying stuff this week to make them. :hungry: ~

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yum--gonna try them !!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I made these the other day. I learned about them from the lady who does my pedicure :eek:)
Yours look prettier than mine -- I think it's the kiss on the top. I'll have to make them again and try it your way.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Dd made them for us at Thanksgiving and she called them Pretzel Turtles.:) And yes they are so addicting, the salt and the sweet go great together. She made hers with square pretzel, rollo & pecan.
Same here. And we ran out of rollos, but walmart sells their brand of "Peanut Butter cups" in the candy asile, next to those they have caramel filled chocolates (that look like peanut butter cups)...we used those. And we crushed candied walnuts to put on top...OMGosh those were good.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I have done something similar, only I put the rolo on top of a pecan.........sort of like a turtle.......really good.

Yours came out good. :tay:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yum! I will add this to my candy/cookie arsenal. Thanks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I made some of these for Christmas. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com and they call them turtle pretzels. I used Dove chocolate carmels and when they had warmed in the oven very lightly pressed a pecan on top. Then I drizzled with white chocolate. Next time I will just lay the pretzel on top after warming in the oven because if you press too much the carmel will squish out. I had a couple that did this and we had to eat them right away..:)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
These look YUMMY and EASY!!!! As an added bonus the posting of them is just in time for a gathering of hubby's friends this coming Friday. Can these be made a couple of days ahead or do they need to be made just before serving?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
We had some for about a week after christmas and they were stll good.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I made some of these for Christmas. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com and they call them turtle pretzels. I used Dove chocolate carmels and when they had warmed in the oven very lightly pressed a pecan on top. Then I drizzled with white chocolate. Next time I will just lay the pretzel on top after warming in the oven because if you press too much the carmel will squish out. I had a couple that did this and we had to eat them right away..:)
Must've been awful that you had to eat them right away!!! LOL

They sound delicious; almost afraid to make them. The kind of thing can't eat just one, two, three or four. . . . . . . .

·
Registered
129 Posts
We love these. I make them with pecans or for my daughter who doesn't like nuts I just place another pretzel on top and she loves them that way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts