Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I moved in this house, the previous owner's had a sheer curtain hanging on the door side light. It was pretty well worn so I took it down. I like the sunlight, but am wondering if it is weird to not havea window treatment on it. What are your thoughts? Do you have door side lights? If covered, with what?

Here's an example of mine, but mine is on the right of the door. The glass is flat and not beveled.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think they are fine without curtains. It's a personal preference thing. We run around half dressed too much:eek: :eek: :eek: not to have some type of cover on them (if we had any). LOL!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't think it is odd not to have anything on them before we moved here we had side lights and had them plain.. we have none here but I think it is all in what you like..

Eileen

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Sara would you object to painting them for a bit of privacy?
I did glass painting on several of my windows and doors at my other house, it looks like stained glass. It really turned out well and when you no longer want that look, you can scrape it right off.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Sara I have the same problem, only we have a half side light. Ours stops about halfway down. I love the light but want some privacy. I bought some lace to make a sort of curtain out of it. I think I like Ellise's idea better though.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
My cousin has the same type of window and she put a panel of lace (old fashioned) there, it looks great and enough light still filters through. If you don't like lace there are so many "gauzy" type fabrics (tons of colours and some even with prints on them) that would work good too! Good luck in deciding!:smball:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts