Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday I started to make my bed and my back popped and went out. I can't stand up straight at all. I've been having to crawl up our stairs. I'm taking some meds now but so far they haven't loosened my back up yet. This happens every so often. Sometimes it last a few days and other times weeks or months. I hate being down. Add to that I injured my foot over 2 weeks ago and it is still swelling.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I am so sorry, what a horrible past few weeks for you. I hope you feel better soon, with both your back and foot. Hugs and blessings to you.

·
27,948 Posts
Aww, you really are a walking hurting unit. Hope you get everything straightened out :cheerup:and working right soon. :hugz:

·
19,119 Posts
I hate it when that happens. Have you thought about going to a chiropractor?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Oh my gosh, I shuddered when I read your description of your intense pain. I had NEVER had ANY back problems until I had a freak twist as I was carrying in a 40-pound bag of dog food (actually, it was a 44-pound BONUS bag and that extra 4 pounds put me OUT!). You poor, poor thing. I'm so sorry. I had to take pain pills for my injury to get ANY relief. Compassion heaped upon compassion. Feel better soon.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
i am sorry you are haven so much trouble with your back and foot i hope you get to felling better real soon.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Tylenol for swelling, moist heat to loosen up the muscles. I second the chiropractor, but adjusting the lower back is fairly easy to do yourself once the muscles give up their death grip.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
A good exercise to strengthen your lower back, once it gets better, is to lay on your stomach, then lift your upper body and legs off the ground. Hold it for10-15 seconds, then relax. Do a few sets each day.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
A good exercise to strengthen your lower back, once it gets better, is to lay on your stomach, then lift your upper body and legs off the ground. Hold it for10-15 seconds, then relax. Do a few sets each day.
I think this is how I hurt my back the first time. I tried these for the first time and the next day I was doing dishes and all of the sudden it felt like someone hit me in the lower back with a baseball bat. It was horrible, and I couldn't walk for days. I've since read in several places that this exercise really isn't safe.

It's happened several times since then, only never as bad as it was that first time. Walking has helped me, stretching has helped. Sometimes when it gets bad I have to lay flat on the floor for a few minutes and it seems to reset, but I can't really do that when I'm walking through walmart. :laugh:

It's horrible, I know. I hope you feel better soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.