Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good morning, were almost finished our first week in Sept. Its already Friday and promises to be HOT all weekend. Very unusual for this time of the year. I'm committed to not having the a/c on, but if it gets over 30, well will see.

Today I'm not planning on doing much. Fibro is really acting up, so I'll just relax and maybe doing some reading.

I was able to get outside last night and do some weeding in the flowerbeds. It felt good to get that done. The Cala lilies are blooming and georgous and the Black Eyed Susans are in full bloom. I need to trim back the roses and get some burlap to cover them with soon. I want to have it here so once we get a few frosts, I won't be having to run into the city to purchase some.

Thats the buzz down on the homestead.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
TGIF! I am looking forward to the weekend. It was another hot day here.

Work went well today. There were a few stressful moments, but overall it was ok.

I need to make sure I water the trees tonight since we have had no rain for a while and I have neglected them this week. I keep forgetting.:eek:

Tomorrow Chris has to play double header baseball games. Right in the middle of the day when it is at it's hottest temps. I guess I will take my umbrella for some relief from the sun.

Chris had his first jr. high football game last night and I was surprised at how well he did. He made some great plays.

Dakota is suppose to go to a birthday party on Sunday.

Richard has had a wonderful week.:D

Well, that is the buzz on the homestead.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well its now good evening, rather than good morning. Saturday night and all is well on our homestead.

We left early this morning to go to a Hutterite bake sale and yard sale. I purchased some veggies, honey, cabbage and 50 lbs. of potatoes.

I also purchased 2 aprons from them, one for myself and one for the homesteading swap.

We then made a day of it, ending up in Dauphin, from there driving to Neepawa and then home. We had a wonderful time, seeing so much of our province we haven't seen before.

On our way home, we stopped at a antique store to die for!!! I'm now the owner of a handmade baby silk coat with the most intricate working on it, a baby dress and a wicker baby carriage. I blew the frugal challenge a tad bit but heh, I needed it right!!! :D

This antique store was like walking into a museum, it was wonderful. The owner was a very interesting lady and she has my name down to watch for antique quilts.....can't beat that.

Anyways thats the day we had and although we didn't spend it on our homestead, we spent it in the country enjoying every minute of it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts