Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi ladies!

I'm working at our store today and tomorrow. With all my visitors lately I'm way behind on a number of important things. I'll get to them on Sunday.

Our new chickens are doing fine. I let them out of the coop for the first time yesterday and they wouldn't come out. They like sitting on the nests all day. I told DH to make them come out today. I want them to eat grass and get sunlight on those little fluffy feathers of theirs.

The weather is warming up here. Drat. I'd like it to be autumn for six months, have 3 months of winter, two months of spring and one month of summer. All the wishing in the world will never make that happen.

Cthy good luck with your job. Julie, well done on getting yours. I'm sure you'll pass your test.

I hope you enjoy your day.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
What a morning. Earlier in the week I was contacted by a dear friend who told me of a new position I might be interested in. It required quite a bit of travel and with my new grandchild on the way, I was uncertain if I should apply or not. Well, I sent my resume in thinking it would not hurt to talk to them. Just this morning my friend called and told me that due to budget cuts this new position would not be opening up and in addition, she was also let go. I feel so terrible for her! But at the same time I am grateful it came before I made a career move that might have been horrible for me. I guess I should have listened to that gut feeling that told me to stay put. This has gotten me thinking long and hard about needing to simplify and be grateful for all the good things in my life. It also in some strange way, seems to validate my recent urge to get back to basics, to tend to my home better, to make choices to simplify my lifestyle, to use my resources in a wiser way. It demonstrates how quickly ones life can change and reinforces the need to be as self sufficient as possible. sorry for rambling all, I am in a bit of a shock at this news.
I think I will get dressed, go to town to pick up my glasses, then off to Save A Lot to stockpile can veggies and fruit. I organized my basement pantry shelves and took note of what I need for winter. The store has a 19 cent sale going on right now which is a great price to pay for veggies. Then perhaps I will begin the craft room closet. I need to get out and about some to clear my head and assimulate this news.
Hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Well, Patrick got up quite early this morning, so we moved our day up a few hours. The skies were looking threatening, so I took the kids to the park in the morning instead of after Patrick's nap. We had a great time. Came home, had an early lunch, and I put him down for a nap. Since he's been sleeping, the sun has come out, so perhaps we'll go to a different park this afternoon. I want them outside as much as possible before school starts and we're all subjected to harsh, flourescent lighting for 8 hours a day. :(

We did, however, get to the bank to deposit Rob's paycheck and to the library to return an overdue book. :( I put the change from the fine in the change tin and emptied my wallet of any ones and put those in the dollar tin that I've recently restarted.

When Patrick wakes up, I'm going to clean off the bulletin board in the kitchen to make way for new artwork from the 2005-2006 school year. Very exciting!

Right now, Julia and I are just hanging out. She's playing a computer game and every now and then pops in to give me an update and chat. Love her!

Dinner tonight will be frozen chicken nuggets for the kids and I'll find something from the pantry for myself. Today is Rob's last day at his old job, so some co-workers are taking him out for dinner and drinks. I don't expect him until the rest of us are fast asleep. I'm glad they offered to take him out. I like when people make him feel important, because to me, he's the most important person in the world. :heartsm:

·
Registered
39 Posts
G'morning all.

I dont have much going on today. I'm washing winter blankets. Today is the last warm day of the summer (according to the weather people) and I want to get the blankets washed so they can hang outside to dry.

I am thinking of going to Ikea with my dds to get drawer units for their rooms, their rooms are very small, and extra storage will help. I'll see if they want to go.

I gave the yorkies another haircut last night. Yorkie Andy hates haircuts and always tries to run off, but I got him mostly done. His ear infection seems to be clearing up. Yorkie AJ doesn't mind his haircuts or grooming. Yorkie Andy is just a big baby, poor guy has hairy ears and is prone to infections, but won't let me pull his ear hair, he screams like someone getting murdered. Yorkies are so funny.

Mamaw, I'm glad you didn't get far enough in the process to have quit your first job. I'm sorry about your friend's job though. Sometimes our gut feelings are so right on!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I spent the morning in Town, running errands and finding places to put in applications. I brought one home with me to fill out over the weekend. The other place has not called back. I hate that, as I was near the phone most of the last 3 days. Nothing outside got done. Anyway.....
Mamaw, I am glad for you and sorry for your friend. I also have this gut feeling to go back to work. Have had it for a while, but just did not want to. Now I am impatient to do it. I know that God has a job for me, I just wish I knew where to place the application.
Well, I have clothes to fold, and such. DH gets home early today.
Everyone have a real good weekend:)

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Cathy - I hope you find a good job that you love.

I started my job today, didn't do much except place patients in exam rooms, take vitals, and started one IV. We get done around 12:30 - 1:00 on Fridays. Next Friday is closed, they always close the Friday before a Monday holiday. I'm working my other job Sat. and Sun. for 9 hrs. each day. That job is boring! All I do is go to affluent older persons house, wash dishes and sit and visit all day. The client takes me out to lunch, so all I have to do is make dinner. Usually I take some crocheting or a book to read.

I'm keeping the second job, for on some weekends and holidays.

Tonight we are going to dd's school for the Spagetti Dinner. She is so excited to have us going to her school to eat. She said she will show us how to go thru the line and where to sit in the cafeteria. She thinks it is cool because she knows all about it! :cool: Then tonight for a treat (once and a while), she gets to sleep in my bed with me, and make daddy sleep on the couch. We lay in bed and talk about the week and cuddle.

Now I am off to do house work since I won't be having any time in the next week or so to do much.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!:)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Julie, Enjoy your spaghetti dinner!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Good morning homesteaders. :)

Not much to report from here. I had quite a boring day at the store yesterday. some organic toiletreis came in, I priced them and rearranged the shelves they went on. I took my sewing but didn't do any of it, in my down times I just sat there and thought about my life. (yawn)

DH went to the doctor yesterday for a checkup and phoned me to tell me that the doctor told him it wasn't healthy to think about his job all the time. She told him that he needs to relax more and take time out for himself. I've been telling him this for years but he's believing it now, so I'm happy.

Mamaw, you weren't rambling. I love it when women write about the important things in their lives and why they do things. Good luck with building up your stockpile.

Amy, your descriptions of the time spent with your kids is very appealing. I can feel that you're loving that time you have with them.

Cathy, I hope you find a job you like.

Dutchwoman, I love all the terriers. I have Airedales.

Julie, I hope you have fun with your DD tonight. Sounds like quality girl time to me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

:)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Rhonda, Aren't men (and children) funny? YOU can tell them something until you're blue in the face and it gets no response. Someone else tells them the same thing and suddenly the words are golden! :D

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Good afternoon all,

I've had a quiet day working in my office here at home. It was very warm out but not humid so we were able to leave off the a/c for another day.

Josh came home from the cottage today and so the phone has been ringing quite a bit. I am really going to be a happy person when school starts again.

Andrea is still away for a few more days. She is babysitting her two little cousins who just love it when she comes to stay. I think she likes looking after them because she has some one to boss aroung;) Her brothers won't let her boss them any more:eek:

I've been knitting up a garden today. :cool: I'm practicing for the cruise seminar. There are little knitted flowers and leaves all over my office. Some of them are really nice, but there are a few that just look tacky to me. At least they are a constructive way to use up bits and pieces from my yarn stash.

Tonight we are having potatoes and frittata for supper. DH is working so I plan to do some crocheting in front of the tv. There are two episodes of "Pioneer Quest, A Year in the Real West" on History TV tonight.
http://history.ca/tv/shows/titledetails/title_22016.asp

Have a great Friday!!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Congratulatins on your new job Julie. I hope you will like it!

Cathy- I hope you find a great job after all your hard work!

Rhonda- I think your life is exciting!

Chriss- That program sounds like something I would love. Have a great evening watching them!

Amy- Ah, that is so true. I also find that happens with me as well! ;)

Kim- I hope you are doing well. I have been watching the news with the hurricane. I hope it's not where you are!

Michelle- I hope your DH is feeling better and that you are doing well!

Tina- I hope you are having a good day.

CJ- How's the quilt coming along?

Mamaw- I'm sorry that your friend has lost her job. I'm glad you didn't have to go through that.

Hello to anyone that I have missed! :wave:

Today is a beautiful sunny day. I have lots of tomatoes on my plants out back. I have been faithfully tending to them and find even a little bit of satisfaction of growing something this year.

I have a few chores and then I really want to work on my sundress. There is a surprise birthday party for our friend and I would like to wear it, but if that's going to happen I need to get my behind off the computer and at the sewing machine.;)

I hope you are all having a great Saturday!

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Michele - Nope, it hit south of us. We got some rain Thurs. and yesterday morning from the top feeder bands and it got a bit windy at times, but that was it. Thanks for thinking of me! :smball:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Good morning ladies! :)

It's Sunday morning and, as usual, I'm full of energy and raring to go. I have a full day ahead that I lay in bed last night planning out in my head.

First on the agenda is laundry. I didn't do any while my guest was here so I have a lot to do.
I have some Australian native shrubs to plant out front where DH and I have removed all the soil, and the nut grass (grrrrrr!), bought new soil for there, and replaced it. DH fixed the sprinkler system in there yesterday so the garden is completely bare and ready to be planted. It is next to the driveway and is extrmely hot during summer so I'm doing a native and succulent garden.
I also have to clean out the chicken coop and take the new babies out for a walk. I'll sit with them for a while under the tree so they have a nice scratch around. They're still scared of the other chooks and they like to have people around so if you stay with them, they stay in the yard. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

After lunch I'll be drawing. I have to redo a few of my patterns. I did a day of the week series that a lady bought 2 of; she rang during the week wanting the other 5 days. They've also been popular at our store so I want to print the entire series up as it looks like people are using them in quilts. At the end of the day I hope to have a few hours free to write.

Amy, you're right about men and kids. When will they realise that we are always right. ;)

Michele, I hope you get your sundress finished. I bet you'll look pretty in it at the party.

:flowers: to all who follow. Happy Sunday everyone!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Well, yesterday was a busy day!

We started out by having breakfast at the diner with my father-in-law. Nice check in time with him and the kids enjoyed it.

Then, we took the kids for check-ups at the doctor. Everyone got clean bills of health. Julia is in the 95th percentile for weight and 97th for height. Pat's in the 75th for both. Julia had to get shots and was very brave, and was especially excited to hear that she doesn't need more shots until she's 12 years old.

Then, we came home and put Patrick down for a nap. Julia played outside while Rob and I cleaned out the garage. You can see a picture here: http://frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59633

Then, we went to dinner at my parents. My mother made chili. It was a very nice day overall.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yesterday was a real rollercoaster. We had major storms that took the electricity from 8p.m. to 2.30 this morning. It was so hot and muggy.
I did not hear from the job I wanted, but dh helped me to realize that there are closer places. So tomorrow I am going with new resolve about 10 miles closer to home. I truly believe that God is leading the way. I just have to PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!
My daughter called last night. She's in the Navy and doing well.
On my way to an auto part store to return and item. Also going to find one of the places, I plan to put in an application at.
Blessings to all.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts