Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. It was wonderful to sleep in and not have to be worried about having to get up and deliver the papers. Although the company is still trying. On my front step is still one route of papers. They will stay there until they pick them up.

Yesterday was a wonderful day although certainly not frugal. I took the kids and we ended up in the next town near us so we could drop off library books. I stopped at the quilting store and picked up the rest of the material and the pattern I needed for the next quilt I plan on making.

After lunch, we headed into Brandon and there I found some wallpaper for my kitchen. Buy one, get one for 99¢. I needed 4 rolls. I also picked up a really pretty border for the kitchen as well. It too was also buy one, get one free. We then headed over to a discount store and I picked up paint for one wall in dd's room for $1.49 a quart. It was already pre-mixed as the paint was returns.

Once home, dh and me worked on the daily crossword puzzle, then I read late into the night.

Today I need to get a few things done:

~washing a couple loads of laundry and hanging them outside
~baking chocolate chip cookies
~working on my quilt
~folding clothes once dry.

Have a great day everyone.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its the middle of the afternoon and I'm on my last load of laundry and have 7 doz. chocolate chip cookies baked and have the oatmeal ones mixed up. Just checking here and I'm off to bake the oatmeal ones.

Tonight I have to go to the post office and clean. Not much there though as I did most of it Friday night.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Good afternoon!

CJ~I think you did fantastic on the deals you got on the paint, wallpaper and border. I'd love to find deals like that!:D

Today we also slept in and had a slow start to the morning. We didn't even crawl out of bed until 9:30 a.m.. We then ran up to the orchard here in town and picked McIntosh apples (2 big paper sacks full). They are .25 cents a pound and absolutely delicious! I also picked a bunch of tomatoes and beans from the garden along with some squash. Our weather has turned much cooler and I don;t know how much longer the tomatoes are going to make it or the beans.

My home is smelling divine right now. I have a huge stock pot with garlic and potatoes boiling so I can make potato cheese soup. Jeff is working on putting in a new door (he got it for $60 from a homeowner doing a remodel) to the outside entrance of my laundry room. This one has 6 paned windows so we will finally have some light coming in from outside in there. I'm going to send the boys out to weed the garden for a bit while I finish the soup.:) It sure is feeling like Fall around here.:D

Be blessed ad have a wonderful day ! :grouphug:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Good afternoon!

This morning I hung out two loads of laundry, it's so beautiful here! All the windows are open and the fans are going.

I dropped Courtney off at Sunday School, then Raechel and I joined her for church. Ashlee stayed home because she didn't feel well (cramps, etc), so she did some laundry and some tidying up for me while we were gone.

After lunch, it was time to go tour both the middle school and high school. There has been major construction going on there for about a year and it is far from finished. I took Raechel first, and we went through her schedule and found her classrooms, which was kind of hard because they added a whole new wing to the school. I came home and got Ashlee and went back to the high school. They wouldn't give out schedules, but we at least found her homeroom and got a map. The girls are finally going back to school tomorrow! :) They are excited and glad to be going back.

I need to run out to the store and pick up .25 bagels for Raechel's lunches and I think we are out of syrup. I'll be clipping the rest of the awesome coupons from this weeks inserts and finishing off my grocery list for the week. Look out Shop Rite, you're in trouble this week! I'm also waiting for some coupon trades to come in the mail.

I painted my kitchen yesterday, well half of it. It looks so nice and I'm tickled with it. It's an antique white, lighter than it was. The part I have left is the difficult part, behind the appliances and the soffit. I can't wait to finish though. It really needed it.

That's about it. The rest of the day will be spent preparing dinner and teaching Raechel how to iron :) .

Have a wonderful Sunday. :sun:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
LOL, poor Shop Rite, you'll send them broke soon. ;)

It's another day at the store for me today. I was pretty busy yesterday and only knitted one square for my blanket. There is a lady who has a store near ours who has been suffering from ovarian cancer for the past year. She's an artist and a beautiful woman who would help any one who needs it. About 6 weeks ago I told her husband about a suppliment that I bought from the US for my best friend's father when he had prostate cancer. He says it cured him and he was diagnosed 12 years ago. He certainly looks healthier now than I've ever seen him and he still takes it everyday. Anyhow, Carmel was very ill, she'd had chemo and was disharged from hospital and didn't recover. We got the supplement for her and she's looking so healthy now, her white cells are up to normal and her tumour index is coming down. I saw her yesterday for the first time since she started on the pills and she looks amazing. Her husband told me that he thinks the supplement saved her life. It's good to see natural remedies work so well when mainstream medicine seemed to have failed. :)

We got our 2005 Lang calendars in the store last week so I spent some time yesterday going through them and selecting mine. I chose the Simple Inspirations one with "Live Simply" and a beautfil painting and quote on every page. I want to use it straight away but I have it sitting on myedesk here so I can study it until January.

I hope you all enjoy your day.

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
Good afternoon everyone!

A real quick post cause I've hurt my neck and can't sit for more then a few minutes. Friday and Saturday I could hardly lift my head at all, today is much better.

I'm going out of town Tuesday till Thursday working. I was phoned last night to work a First Nation's election. It will be a new experience traveling to two different reserves.

Off to lay on my heating pad.

Hope you all have a great day!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Good Afternoon everyone,

CJ, I would call your purchases frugal. Great Deals.

We were all up early for church and DH for work this morning. DD and I were on the worship team this morning so we had to be there at 9 for rehearsal. After church we had lunch together. Grilled cheese sandwhiches and I splurged on a bag of chips and store bought cookies. (l'll be baking tomorrow).

This afternoon DD and I drove down to the St. Lawrence to visit with my parents. The boys stayed home, DS#2 had laundry to do and DS#1 is working on a proposal for a noon hour radio show at his high school that he wants to present to the principle tomorrow. He had one when he was in Grade 6 but he hasn't been healthy enough to handle doing it again until now. He wants to work with either TV or radio after college so this would look good on his resume too.

Tonight we are having baked chicken and salad for dinner and then a quiet night.

Have a good night and a wonderful day tomorrow:)

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Hi everybody, it's a lovely Sunday afternoon. Tina praying your neck improves fast.

Dh is getting ready for an out of town trip.

And I'm quietly panicking in the corner, getting geared up for the first ladies bible study of the season (I'm the leader). Tuesday.

Someday I will do an entire study on good old Gideon, the original scaredy cat who in spite of nearly choking to death on the angels greeting, -- along the lines of geetings, mighty man of valour-- God needs YOU! Gideon practically does the WHO ME ????? double take, and later goes on to trust God in some pretty amazing circumstances.

Right now that is how I happen to feel, and I go thru this every time the study starts up.

I keep looking around for that qualified leader type person to show up and lead, but in the meantime, I wobble forth and put on coffee and forget stuff in the middle of speaking, refuse to make personal phone calls because I really really really hate phoning people that I don't know well.

I hate the social stuff --it paralyzes me. I love people, getting to know them, I even like teaching -- it gives me a chance to burble on down many a rabbit trail, but remembering to do the right things, like birthdays or having a christmas brunch, just turns me to jelly.

At least this year I won't have to worry about having migraines on the days I lead. I've had to go home sick or call someone last minute in the past because I'm too sick to come in.

That new thyroid med and the increase in estrogen have really been great that way.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Margery, I just know your leadership of the ladies will be successful and instructive (for them) and satisfying (for you). Go get em! :angel:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
~ Tina, hope your neck is better soon~
~Bethany, what suppliment is it that you got in the US?

Today I had a pretty good day. Got up early and let Michael and Alex sleep in. Did a couple loads of laundry and hung them out. I got 4 purses finished and 1 started. In a little less than 2 weeks I will be at my first craft show. My MIL is coming next week end for Mike's b-day and is going to look at my boxes. Being from Cuba, she had a very deffinate idea of what she wanted. I got some boxes in especially for her and I'll let her pick. Today I made a salt rub for my feet and pampered myself with a foot rub, haircut, and eyebrow wax. The best part it was all free. I did it at home myself. I now smell good, am smooth to the touch, and you can see my eyes. ;)

We also had to spray the dogs with flea stuff from the vet. We had been giving the the Hertz, but the vet wanted them on the Frontline. He said it protects against more parisites than the Hertz. Lucky had some whipworms and he said that is not what killed him, but that with Visa being 14 it could take her down. So, we did that. I'm scared to see what the bill for this whole thing is going to be. We just paid off the c.c. :(

The dogs and I enjoyed a nice long walk. It was really lovely here today and some of the maples are just starting to turn. It should be really georgous in a few wekks. I just hope it coincides with my dad's visit. He coming for Alex'e birthday.

For dinner tonight we had burgers on the grill and fries. It tasted very good. Well, that's about it for me.

Have a peaceful evening all.
Marcia

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
Margery you're a great leader! Even though you might not be in your "comfort zone" people are drawn to you. You never make anyone feel bad or stupid for any questions they might have. You just reword it and come at it at a different angle. That is great teaching skills. You lead without making people feel like you're in charge and they are to follow. Everyone feels comfortable around you. You are real and you practise what you preach. You are a "safe" person!

I know all this because I've been on the "student" end of things with you. I appreciate that you never have made me feel less because I didn't understand something. I have also watched you teach and lead others. You have been a wonderful example and mentor to me. Now you are mentoring other ladies in a group setting. You go girl! I will be praying for you.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Margery ~ I hear ya on the social thing and the phone calls. That's me too!!A very dear friend taught me something valuable. "Good leaders delegate" Find someone in your group who likes the phone calls etc. and ask them to help you out. That way you can focus on what you like to do, the teaching and leading. It worked for me!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good morning on this wet and dreary morning. The kids are still sleeping so I have a few more minutes of quiet time, then my day starts.

Tina, hope your feeling better and you have a fun time working at the reserves.

Margery - absolutely everything Tina said is true. God uses you in such profound ways. Although I haven't been in a class I've been priviledged to read your stuff and its good!!! I know this class is going to go great.

Marcia - WTG on the purses your getting done.

Today I have to:

~get the kids doing their school work
~fold the clothes from yesterday that I didn't get finished
~begin stripping old wallpaper from the kitchen
~bake bread (I think - depends on how hot it gets)
~work on the drywall in the kitchen
~clean the post office later tonight
~doing some quilting

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, down on your homestead.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Bless your hearts ladies, thank you. Once I'm into it I'll be fine, just till tomorrow morning it's butterfly season here.

Thanks Bethany. LOL you know I've even managed to pull in a tiny bit of quantum physics into the Bible study!!!! It's a verse or two that suggest a quantum view of time, and field theory. Believe it or not! :D

Chris I think I will do that a bit more often this year. I just hate phoning. You are right, when in doubt delegate. There are people who actually love doing that kind of thing.

Tina hoping that neck feels better!!!! Thanks love, I appreciate that reminder.

CJ that sounds like a busy day there. Hugs and teaching blessings to your homeschool!

Marcia honey special hugs! That vet bill was unavoidable and you will get it paid off in time too. Dh and I have been there, and when it's a pet, it's like a medical bill for a family member, you do what you have to do. It's hardest of all when it's a reminder of losing your special fur person who brightened your life in his own unique way.

Hey I loved the salt scrub, and eyebrow treatment idea.

I think it's getting time for a hair cut for me. I can do it myself again, and spend the money on something fun like getting new nailpolish. I've been looking at the Sally Hansen products and I'd like to get an undercoat and a new colour along with a non acetone remover, which is about the cost of a cut.

I think you got me onto something.

Or as flylady would call it, a pamper mission!!!!:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Ladies!

It's a busy day on the homestead! I have to work this afternoon and evening and then help get the library set up for the Primary Election voting tomorrow. I'm trying to make every moment count and streamline things a bit here at home. I took Margery's advice on the celery and chopped up 4 2-cup bags to put in the freezer for future use. Great suggestion Margery :hugz:, thanks! I also have the kids/hubby's dinner pretty much ready for them tonight. I have the sloppy joe mix thawing and the beans just need to be zapped. I also blanched a froze more beans from the garden and hard boiled a dozen eggs for hubby to take to work. Four loads of laundry are done and 3 of those are hanging on the line to dry. Now I am just praying that the rain holds off.

Josh has the flu, so he is pretty much on the couch for the day. Darn...the rain is coming so I have to get all that laundry off the line! DRAT!!!:bang: So much for trying to save money that way today.

You all be blessed and have a wonderful day! :grouphug:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Margery, if anyone could combine quantum theory with bible study it would be you (and Stephen Hawking who I believed has tried to do it on occasion). I'm not a believer in any god but I can tell you this Margery, I would just LOVE to be in that class you teach. You are such a complex character it would do my heart good to watch you teach your ladies.

I'll be busy today. I have to go to the BIG shopping centre to buy DH a birthday present (for the 19th) and a 25th wedding anniversary gift (for the 28th). I looked online for some gift suggestions and nearly all of them are very tacky so I'll just have to try my luck at the mall. Why are men so hard to buy for? :confused: The rest of the day I'll be at my homestead tidying up and gardening.

My lists in Chosen Path are progressing very slowly. If you have time please drop by and add your contribution to the lists. I'm hoping they be another resource for Sara to add to her printables but they still need a lot of input for everyone. Thank you my lovelies.:heartsm:

chriss, I hope your DS gets his radio show. I'm sending good thoughts his way.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Good afternoon gals,

~Bethany, Michael's b- day is the 18 th so I'll be off to the mall too. I actually have an idea what I'll be getting him.

Today it warmed up a bit. In the upper 80*'s. School was a little warmer than it has been and the kids a little more whiney.
Tonight we have our BOE dinner. So I don't have to worry awbout that. However , we had to hire a baby sitter so that cancels out the cost of dinner.
In a bit I want to take the dogs for a walk and work on some more purses.
Have a peaceful day all.
Marcia

1 - 20 of 62 Posts