Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. We had such a beautiful day yesterday but it looks like today we may end up with rain or even a storm later today.

We ended up in Sask. yesterday. While there I went to a quilting show and a craft sale. It was a wonderful day and the quilts were amazing. We didn't get home until late evening.

Today is going to be another day of relaxing and enjoying my home. I want to get some quilting done and some reading. I may dig up a few potatoes to dry for the winter months, depending on the weather.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sun.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hey CJ and all to follow.....:sun:

Well the Lord continues to bless me in many ways. First the job coming through, which I prayed hard about hoping it was God's Will, and it was.

Today I go to church and my SIL gives me a huge bag of clothes from her friend Michelle. I was just getting ready to go buy socks, onesies and stockings among other things for the baby and guess what was in the bag along with some other beautiful things? Socks, onesies, and stockings. I'm so thankful I don't have to go spend crazy amounts of money on clothes that she will outgrow quickly.

Other than that, Ally slept over, so her and Ashlee are hanging out downstairs still in their jammies, lol. I've got breakfast dishes to clean up, so I need to get working on that, plus some laundry to fold. I'm hoping Raechel will help me with the laundry while she watches tv.

One more day until I go to work full swing. I feel like a weight has been lifted from me. (financial weight)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Morning CJ and Danielle and all to follow,

Today I feel lousey from alergies. Even with using my Nettie Pot I feel unwell. I worked at the hunting store today and was all set to buy a used bow there for myself. I went in and someone had bought it yesterday. I need to work on some purses. The show is next week end. I hope to do well. I need to scrounge up something for dinner. Have a nice day all
Marcia

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
CJ~I'm so glad you got to go to the quilt show. I'm sure you came home with lots of ideas!
Danielle~God is so good! I'm praising Him for his many blessing to you and your family!

Today is another busy one around here. We slept in a bit and then got busy. I promised everyone that if we worked hard this morning, that they could all play this afternoon. Hubby wants to go and sight in his new gun with his friend Ken and they plan on taking the kids with them and letting them practice shooting clay pigeons.:D

This morning we got the following done:
~defrosted and cleaned out the big freezer in the garage
~made about 4 gallons of chili
~made a huge pasta salad
~have a pot of beef/barley soup cooking in the crockpot
~shredded and froze 1 pound of Moz.cheese and 2 pounds of Montery Jack cheese
~weeded out 2 flower beds
~mowed the front and back yard
~cleaned the laundryroom door (including getting all the rotten apple junk off it that the kids did when they had an "apple fight":mad: )
~cleaned the dining room
~got 2 loads of laundry done and hung on the line
~cleaned out the van and got it winterized
~Jeff changed the lock on the garage door
~reorganzied the outside freezer
~made some more panckae mix
~baked a mincemeat pie

Be blessed all! :grouphug:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Good morning friends.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday, CJ.
Danielle, I'm sending you some good thoughts for your first day at your new job. I hope it is everything you want it to be.
Marcia, good luck with your show next weekend. I just know you'll do well.
Debbie, I hope you got some time to yourself after your hard work this morning.

I worked at the store the last two days, DH came home from Sydney last night so I'm back home again today :D I intend on concentrating on a cleanup today. My bedroom and bathroom need cleaning, as does the launry room and I want to rearrange some things.

One of my hens is sick, she was chased by our dog a few days ago and I think she's stressed. Hens are funny like that, they look ok but they stress out over things and can collapse and die a few days later. I hope she'll be ok. I'm going to clean out their coop this afternoon, give them clean nests and straw to scratch around in and hopfully that will make her too happy to die. I might even give her some strawberries to eat. :)

DH stayed with my sister when he was in Sydney and she has just come back from Bali. On my seat when I came out here just now was a gift from her of two lovely pieces of batik fabric, a satin makeup purse and a little carved wooden fan. DH left a chocolate heart on my towel in the bathroom and I saw it when I had my shower this morning. I feel loved. :) I might make bacon and eggs for him for breakfast today. My sister never cooks so he's probably been living on McDonalds since Saturday morning. ;)

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
We had a visit from a FEMA rep this morning (we may get reimbursed for the generator, gas, and gas cans we purchased after the hurricane if we qualify). I mowed about 3/4 of our property until the mower ran out of gas and dh went ahead and finished the rest. We've been gathering up yard debris and carrying it to the road. All along the road is a mess because the county hasn't come and picked anything up yet! Dh also cut down 5 or 6 small pines, trimmed a few palms, and cut some of the trees in our woods that got all tangled together from the winds. I definitely got a workout today hauling everything to the road. I'm about to jump in the shower and then we're hitting the beach.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good afternoon friends.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday, CJ.
Danielle, God does answer prayers.
Marcia, I hope you get those purses finshed for the show next weekend.
Debbie, WOW! You and your family have been busy. Don't forget to play this afternoon.
Bethany, that was so sweet of your DH and your sister to give you such sweet gifts.
QM, I hope FEMA reimburses you for your losses.

Today, DH is cooking for my birthday. He has the boy's helping him. :D Now I just hope they clean it up too.

Dakota made me a special card. He is so sweet.

The concert last night was so moving. I would love to see Steven Curtis Chapman again.

I hope you all have a great day!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Good morning everyone,

It is good to be back home. Big cities really stress me, but it was a fun weekend. I started off tired and cranky Saturday morning as I didn't get much sleep. I was worrying about how much money we had and whether we would have enough to buy gas for the drive home. Well, did I get a surprise. When I checked my bank balance I discovered that a cheque from the government that wasn't supposed to be in until today had already been deposited! We had a lovely drive to Toronto. The weather was sunny and cool, not a cloud in the sky. It was a bit windy. We stopped for lunch about halfway and found a nice quiet picnic area to eat the lunch that I had packed. We actually arrived in TO about an hour earlier than we had planned so we weren't sure if we would be able to check into the hotel. DH's uncle had already checked us in and payed for the room! Since we had plenty of time we decided to go for a walk. When we got back we had a coffee and got dressed for the wedding.

The wedding was beautiful. The bride's dress was stunning. The groom was wearing a kilt with full Scottish regalia. Although the church was Anglican, they had a Jewish Rabbi perform a blessing at the end since the bride's father is Jewish. Then they had a Scottish bagpiper pipe out the couple.

The reception was at the Granite Club. Very classy! Food was great. It was really wonderful to see family that we haven't seen in years. Even all of DH's family from Jamaica were able to come.

We slept in on Sunday, and then had a nice breakfast (free) at the hotel. We were supposed to go to DH's aunt's house for an open house at noon so since we had lot's of time we found a fabulous park, all natural, to go for a long walk. Then we went for a short drive in the country before heading to the open house.

The drive back was long and both DH and I were tired. But it was a great weekend.

Back to basics this morning though. I have bread and cookies to bake, laundry to do and I need to work on the sweater for the store. Also need to play with the dogs as they missed us this weekend.

Have a great day all
:wave:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Hi everyone-- I had a terrible weekend at work (I HATE taking care of celebrities and their families).

Today, I need to type up 5 papers this morning for 1:00 PM class (they are written, just need typed) and then head for classes all afternoon and evening. I won't have time to get much more accomplished.

This week, I work Tues/Weds/Thurs. 12-hour shifts and then on Friday I need to take my dad and Zach to their doctor appointments.

UGH-- any one have coupons for Calgon? Someone take me away!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good morning everyone.

Chriss sounds like you had a nice time. Glad you got a surprise in your banking account. Thats always a blessing.

Denise, sounds like your week is going to be crazy. Hope you can get a few minutes in there just for Denise.

We had a nice Sunday. Dh got the garden partly tilled and I tied up the onions to put downstairs. I must have 70 lbs. of onions. They were really nice this year and quite large. Dh loves spanish onion sandwiches.

I finished the top of the charity quilt and now I'm quilting dd's quilt. She keeps coming in to see if its finished yet. I keep telling her, hank on to your shirt. Give me time girl. I'm hoping to get most of it done today and then I can do the binding tomorrow.

I need to see how hot its going to get today. If not too hot, I plan on baking bread. Need to fold clothes I managed to get washed and dried outside yesterday.

Have a wonderful day everyone, down on your homestead.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful weekend Chriss!

We had a great time at the beach yesterday. Short because of the rain, but I had so much fun treasure hunting. I hate the shape the beach is in though. The erosion is awful. It's hard to even get on the beach since most of the stairs and such got washed away. We are using a bridge of sorts that the lifeguards and fire dept. are only supposed to be using with their 4 wheelers. They can't use it now because the bottom no longer touches the sand - there is about a 4 foot drop off that you have to jump off to get down. There are zillions of seashells and other debris that stretches as far as you can see. I found some sea beans, a sea sponge (any ideas on how to preserve it?), some cool shells that don't normally wash up here whole and intact, some cool shells loaded with barnacles, etc. I love beachcombing! I had hoped to go today, but we have nothing but wind and rain today (from Jeanne according to our newspaper).

I tackled the bills first thing this morning and need to balance the checkbook later. Ds and I have been to the post office and library and finished a little over half of his homeschool lesson for the day. We're taking a playtime break now and will finish the rest in a couple of hours. Then I need to get some mac and cheese and some cornbread made for dinner to go with beans and corn.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good afternoon!! It was pretty chilly this morning but is warming up a bit now.

Breakfast this morning was oatmeal, 1/2 a bagel & orange & strawberry slices
Dinner will be kielbasa subs, soup & orange & apple slices

I've already washed & dried one load of laundry, washed & dried all my bedding, have a load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer. I've also vacuumed, washed the floors, put clean sheets on my bed, dusted, and cleaned the mirrors, tv screens & computer screens.

I still need to finish up the laundry and maybe try to get one more load in, empty the small trashcans, and prepare the fruit for dinner.

DH is in Walmart right now trying to find me a coffee pot as I broke mine this morning. Cannot live without coffee!! lol

Well, I must continue on with my work. I hope you all are having a great day!!

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
Good morning everyone! You all sound so busy :)

The sun is actually shining today :D It has been so cold and rainy but today looks like it's going to be beautiful.

Yesterday we got some yard work done; getting ready for winter. Ds cleaned out the gutters, other ds put hoses and other stuff safely away. Dh was puttering outside too. I emptied all the flower pots but didn't get into the greenhouse to get that cleaned out.

Dd has been sick all weekend and slept most of yesterday. Thankfully she is much better today.

Today I'm doing laundry, dusting, baking bread and muffins, cleaned out my spice cupboard (what a mess it was), picking up a few sale items at the grocery store, taking dd to the library, and a few other odd jobs.

Enough rest time, back to work I go.

Hope you all have a great day!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Good morning ladies.

I didn't do anything I said I would do yesterday. Instead I repotted pot plants and hanging baskets and refilled my fish bowl (with no fish). I think I'm addicted to gardening. ;) During summer I have to move back lots of plants on my front verandah as they get scorched if I don't. I usually take the opportunity to rearrange things out there and get ready for the long hot summer. As most of you know this is my favourite place for comtemplation so it has to be close to perfect. :ponder: I haven't finished it yet but I hope I will this morning. This afternoon I have to go to the store while DH goes to the dentist. He think he might have to get a tooth out. I hope he doesn'tbecause that will mean him coming off his warfarin and then easing back into it again in a week.

My chook is still staying in her nest and not walking around. I'll have to fix everything up for her tomorrow. I wish I had another 10 hours in each day. :hocus:

Chriss, your weekend sounds delightful. I'm so pleased you had a good time.

Enjoy your day, girls.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:wave: Good afternoon everyone!:wave:

This morning it started off at a chilly 31 F but luckily the frost did not get my beans or tomatoes. The twins had doctor's appointments in a town 30 minutes away (great check ups) and then we hit Goodwill to get them more jeans, shirts, jackets (one was for Jaysn) and a few other items. All 3 boys are growing like mad again and outgrowing all their jeans! Stopped by to see my DH and his co-worker after seeing his boss at the coffee store :laugh:.

This afternoon and evening I work and the boys have theri schoolwork to complete. Hubby is taking a CPR class tonight so I will not see him until about 10 p.m.. The boys know what to get ready for dinner and everything just needs to be warmed up except for the rice and Jaysn will make that at 5 p.m..

You all be blessed! :grouphug:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hey everyone!

Today was a busy one as I was trying to get last minute loose ends tied up before I jump into my full-time job tomorrow. I took Courtney for a well visit and got her paperwork for school filled out. I got to see my replacement while I was at the office, but more on that later :toothy:

I went to the mall to buy some new sneakers for the new job and by then Raechel had gotten sick at school, and MIL picked her up. I stopped by the motor vehicle inspection station even though my van wasn't due until November, but since I had time today....well it FAILED! ACK! I had three lights out, 2 license plate lights and 1 parking light. I can go through the bypass lane next time, but when am I gonna do that????

Anyway I picked up Raechel then got some crockpot recipes off the net, trying to plan my menu for the rest of the week. I ran to the store to get some crockpot supplies/pantry items. I came home and started tonights dinner, and tomorrow nights dinner.

Now for the rest of the story (Paul Harvey style) lol. I got a call around 5:00 from the 2 girls in the old office that I was friendly with. They told me the new girl got up, walked out and QUIT! LOLOL! Now I have the last laugh! I know I'm bad, but revenge is SWEET after what the OM did to me on Friday! Ha HA!

Needless to say I'm in a great mood, lol. I took Ashlee to band practice, finished tomorrow's dinner and mopped the floor, and did the dishes! WHEW! Raechel gave Courtney her bath, which was a HUGE help.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! I KNOW I WILL! LOL:D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Good evening everyone! I haven't posted here in a long time but hope to start posting again regularly.
Today was a quiet day here. Dh mowed grass and worked on a car that he was given in trade for some work he did; we're fixing it up for dd who starts driving soon :eek: I can't believe my baby will be driving a car soon! We did homeschool today and dd is currently doing her homework. I worked on getting my coupon mess straightened out, used up some bacon from the freezer, read a book, made a shopping list of loss leaders to get tomorrow, and suffered from allergies all day.
It was a lovely Fall day here, crisp and cool and the leaves are starting to turn color some.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Good morning! I'm here again hangin out for a few minutes before I leave for my NEW job! I have to pack Courtney's lunch, feed her breakfast, and dress her. I also have to get myself ready. As far as the house, that's good to go :) . I should fold a load of laundry, but I think I'll leave that for the kiddos for after school.

My allergies are kicking my butt, so I got NO sleep last night. To top everything else off, I got my monthly friend, so I can't even drink caffeine to stay awake today or I'll get cramps, and it will make my allergies worse. :sigh:

Hope I get home without falling asleep!

Have a great Tuesday! :cool:

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
We had enough rain yesterday for the rest of the year! It rained all day and most of the night. Our newspaper had said it was Jeanne bringing it in, but I saw on the weather channel yesterday afternoon that Ivan came back out in the ocean and came back down the coast and all our rain was remnants of Ivan. :confused: Good grief! I just went out and we are flooded worse than when we got home from evacutating for Frances. All my hibiscus are under water, the entire perimeter of our property is under water (except for the portion that goes along the road), the drainage ditch that goes along the southern boundary of our property is overflowed and spilling onto our property, the pond has overflowed and the dock is underwater, etc. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It looks like today is going to be a gloomy day to go along with my gloomy mood. I'm going to check the forecast and depending on what it says I may take ds to the beach and do some beachcombing. Maybe that will cheer me up.

I didn't get to make cornbread last night - for some reason dh threw all the cornmeal out when he was cleaning out stuff from our electricity being off. :confused: I was really craving some so that started my mood down the wrong path. Ugh!

We need to do our homeschool lesson today (ds thinks it's grand that we can do it any time of the day we want) and I need to tackle the huge pile of junk mail that has accumulated.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts