Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been watching this series???? It is soooo GOOD!! This has been on PBS, which I love, and have enjoyed it sooo much! this week is the last of the 4 pt series...Now , I have heard there is to be a second series...Yay! If you are looking for Quality tv this is it!!! I LOVE me some PBS!!! anyone care to discuss???

·
4,028 Posts
I caught the episode where the heirs were lost. I haven't been trying to keep up with it since I want to see it from the beginning. :)

Reactions: lovestoread

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
It looks like the conclusion airs Sunday where I live.

But I did find the other episodes on the PBS video site.

Might try and catch up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i love the series!! i love pbs :) i can't wait for the next show. i hope that the little fireplace maid ends up with the blonde guy and not that obnoxious tom. she doen't even know that he isn't straight. the cook did try to tell her. i also hope that mary marries her cousin and the wealth stays between them. i don't care for her sister (the blonde one) she is so jealous and will cause big trouble i am sure. what do you think?
something i can't figure out.....what is the relationship between tom and that women that he smokes with? they are some sort of a duo for sure......at first i thought that she was his mother....??? he really isn't interested in women and she is so much older than he is anyways.

i am sorry if i mess up the names.....i am just awful with names. i hope you followed what i said......lol

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
So I have been catching up on line up. Finished episode 2. There are advantages to having a "tummy ache" screen time!

Boy is it getting spicy. I'm blushing.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I , too wonder if O'Brien is Tom's mother...i want Daisy and the blonde boy too, to get together... I REALLY want Bates and Anna to end up together...what is Bate's secret??? I love almost all of the Masterpieced Theater shows....I hate that Sunday is the last show...I wonder when the next set will be beginning...I just enjoy the castles, mansions, whatever they are...looking at the rooms...just beautiful..

Reactions: ktsmama

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am really loving this show -- best new period drama I've seen in a long time. It reminds me a little of Upstairs Downstairs, Gosford Park, etc. I hope the wicked downstairs duo are going to get their comeuppance. I don't think much of the oldest daughter, although I feel for her character being in such a difficult position. Looking forward to watching/recording episode 4 on Sunday night.

It has been discussed a lot lately on my favorite blog: http://enchantedserenityperiodfilms.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I am really loving this show -- best new period drama I've seen in a long time. It reminds me a little of Upstairs Downstairs, Gosford Park, etc. I hope the wicked downstairs duo are going to get their comeuppance. Looking forward to watching/recording episode 4 on Sunday night.
There was an article in a newspaper that I read that said they were having a big stink because it is so much like Upstairs, Downstairs. By the way, I think a new "version" of Upstairs, Downstairs will be on PBS in the coming months.

·
Registered
860 Posts
ktsmama, I am looking forward to catching the new Upstairs Downstairs, but I've read that it may be on the trashy side. I'll just have to wait and see.

The second series of Downtown Abbey starts filming in March, so I don't think we'll see it until next winter.

·
Registered
860 Posts
A new version of "Upstairs, Downstairs"? I really loved the original when it was first aired. I keep waiting for the price of the series go down on Amazon.com so I can buy it.
Here's a link with info on the new series:Upstairs, Downstairs - The New Show

I have it on VHS, so I probably won't buy the DVD's.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I've been watching it, too! This is what I think will happen...
Lady Mary pregnancy will come out & Matt Crawley will marry her.
Lady Edith is upset that Lady Mary gets any man she wants. At the end of last week she was writing a letter to the government of that man who died in Mary's bed. But she should be shipped to the "states".. But I kinda felt sorry for her...
Lady Sybil & Branson (chauffeur) will get together & Sybil will help Gwen get a job as a secretary.
Mrs Hughes will go back & say yes to her true love-the farmer.
Bates & Anna will have a secret love affair.... I think Bates was injured in the WW1..
AND I think O'Brien & Thomas are just in co-hoots with each other..
ps..I had to go on the PBS website to get all these names-because I couldn't remember all of them!!! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've been watching it, too! This is what I think will happen...
Lady Mary pregnancy will come out & Matt Crawley will marry her.
Lady Edith is upset that Lady Mary gets any man she wants. At the end of last week she was writing a letter to the government of that man who died in Mary's bed. But she should be shipped to the "states".. But I kinda felt sorry for her...
Lady Sybil & Branson (chauffeur) will get together & Sybil will help Gwen get a job as a secretary.
Mrs Hughes will go back & say yes to her true love-the farmer.
Bates & Anna will have a secret love affair.... I think Bates was injured in the WW1..
AND I think O'Brien & Thomas are just in co-hoots with each other..
ps..I had to go on the PBS website to get all these names-because I couldn't remember all of them!!! :)

i agree about lady sybil and the chauffer getting together both loving politics. lady sybil seems to be quite a rebel and forward thinker for those days...go sybil! :) i want bates and anna together as well....unrequited love..........ahhhh...i probably spelled that wrong as well...lol

and you cheated with the names....lol i felt so stupid in my previous posting as you can picture each character but the names.....escape me....hehehehe

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OHHHHH, didn't think of Lady Mary being pg.....wow.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.