Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what their called, but I would like to make some of those long cloth things that one puts up against the doors to keep the drafts out, might anyone know what their filled with?:smhelp:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Oh I have one. I got it from improvements.com I think; it's two sided and you slip it under the door; each side helps block out the cold, but you can easily open the door as compared to the ones you have to manually move/kick. Let me look for the name of it.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Made of cotton fabric with micro beads & polyester fiber filling.

taken from a website that sells them.

·
27,948 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I use rice, beans or lentils in mine. Cheap and better than sand because sand will leak out an dmake a mess.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I actually know someone who stuffs them with dryer lint! SERIOUSLY! She said she just hated tossing out the dryer lint, so she was trying to find something to do with it, and voila! there it is!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all your help, especially the pattern, kitty litter is pretty cheap, I think that's what I'll use. Would love to try that double sided one, guess if I made 2 rolls and then sewed them on something flexible, I could then slide it under the door. Worth a try, thanks again! Anna

·
Registered
460 Posts
I actually know someone who stuffs them with dryer lint! SERIOUSLY! She said she just hated tossing out the dryer lint, so she was trying to find something to do with it, and voila! there it is!
Dryer lint! That is interesting! I may do that. lol I don't have a trashcan next to the dryer, so I was using a big box. It is FILLED with dryer lint. I was poking at it yesterday and thinking, too bad there isn't something I can do with it! hehe

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dryer lint! That is interesting! I may do that. lol I don't have a trashcan next to the dryer, so I was using a big box. It is FILLED with dryer lint. I was poking at it yesterday and thinking, too bad there isn't something I can do with it! hehe
seems to me I read some where that the lint also makes good stuffing for pet toys, as i don't have a dryer I guess I'll stick to the kitty litter.

·
Registered
333 Posts
my mom always called them snakes. I made some this fall out of denim. I measured the door, and cut the material. I then made two round tubes one on each side. That made it flat in the middle where it would be under the door, and the sides, both of them were rounded up. I used old wal-mart bags. It worked like a charm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts