Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ask a hypothetical question.

If you had your choice of any brand, price, etc. appliances what would you pick and why?

Refrigerator-given my choice, I would like another Amana, bottom freezer 21sq ft.

Dishwasher-Fisher-Paykel 2 drawer that can be operated 1 drawer at a time.

Stove-Jennair with all the various extras:)

A larger freezer-brand doesn't matter

washer and dryer-Meile top of the line

Okay, whose next?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
My old house had central vacuum and I really want it again someday. I can dream. ;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We just finished a kitchen remodel and I was able to get most of what I really wanted....
DCS gas range with all the extras
Kitchenaid fridge with freezer on the bottom
Kitchenaid dishwasher (I really wanted the fisher-paykel but I gave it up for the gas range)
Whirlpool Duet front load washer and dryer :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I alos got what I wanted in my kitchen remodel...36" Wolf Range with a griddle, KitchenAid Architect Series Refrigerator and Dishwasher.

If I could do it over, I'd go with the 48" Wolf, or wall ovens. 36" is a lot to heat for a casserole or a pan of muffins, and I'd like a smaller oven for smaller things. I'd also go for the french door style fridge vs. the side by side, I just don't need the freezer space.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I just got (a month ago) a new propane-run freezer out in the barn (something I've needed for 13 years) so I'm content right now. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Even though I got new appliances when we remodeled a year ago and I love them ~ if my kitchen was big enough I would go with Viking 48" gas range and a sub zero fridge. The dishwasher and microwave isn't that big a deal to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts