Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has good tips on places to eat, stay, etc through the Yukon, BC, and Alberta?

Dh and I are planning to drive from Alaska to the states and are researching things ahead, as we know that we won't have the use of internet/phones through Canada.

We've definitely noticed there aren't any Starbucks coffee shops along the way!!! Oh no!!! :drama: We're gonna need caffeine for that long drive! lol

I know there's a chain called "Tim Hortons". When I looked on their website, it looked like they have drip coffee. Does anyone know if they have splenda, vanilla creamer or vanilla syrup? Anything to "dress up" the coffee? Are there any other places that you'd recommend?

Also, are there any chain coffee shops that make lattes?

Food ideas that are tasty/nutritious/affordable?

We'll be going through Whitehorse, Fort Nelson, Edmonton... Thoughts on good/affordable places to stay?

Any input would be appreciated!! TIA :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
I know there's a chain called "Tim Hortons". When I looked on their website, it looked like they have drip coffee. Does anyone know if they have splenda, vanilla creamer or vanilla syrup? Anything to "dress up" the coffee? Are there any other places that you'd recommend?
There's a Tim Hortons in Whitehorse along the River on 2nd street. ""lattes, drip, splenda, vanilla creamer, yada?"" I grew up during WW2- you fill the pot with water, add a handful of coffee grounds, maybe some egg shells if you have them, and you boil it. Then you pour it into your cup, wait a bit for the grounds to settle - and drink it. Ah that younger generation, what can you do?? :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts