Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suitable for all phases of the diet. I made this tonight, and it was delicious!

Drunken Shrimp (P1)

16 large shrimp
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 lemon, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine

Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. In a large skillet saute the garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the sliced onion and salt and pepper. Saute until the onions become transparent. Add shrimp and saute for 2 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, the lemon slices, and white wine, and cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove from skillet and let cool to room temperature.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Sounds good - we love shrimp!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bump:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bump:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wanted to share I converted this to WW points values{recipe builder on WW site}:)

2 servings-17points
3 servings-11 points
4 servings-8points
HTH

·
Registered
30 Posts
Drunken Shrimp...I ordered Drunken Shrimp in Hong Kong once, and I was HORRIFIED at what it was there. The waiter brought a large bowl of LIVE shrimp to the table, then poured a bottle of rice wine over them. They then sat on the table for fifteen minutes, writhing around in the alcohol while we ate another dish. The waiter then returned and lit the dish on fire so that the shrimp cooked at the table. Now, I understand putting a live lobster in a pot, but that happens in the kitchen. This Drunken Shrimp was a bit too much for me to take.

Victoria

·
Registered
558 Posts
Drunken Shrimp...I ordered Drunken Shrimp in Hong Kong once, and I was HORRIFIED at what it was there. The waiter brought a large bowl of LIVE shrimp to the table, then poured a bottle of rice wine over them. They then sat on the table for fifteen minutes, writhing around in the alcohol while we ate another dish. The waiter then returned and lit the dish on fire so that the shrimp cooked at the table. Now, I understand putting a live lobster in a pot, but that happens in the kitchen. This Drunken Shrimp was a bit too much for me to take.

Victoria
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts