Ingredients:
3/4 cup dry minced onion
1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed celery seed
1/4 tsp sugar​
Serves:
Directions:
Mix all ingredients and store in a tight-lidded container or empty spice jar with a neat home made label. About 5 Tbs. of the mix are equal to on soup mix package. Mix with 4 cups water (32 oz.) for soup.
Onion Dip: Mix 5 Tbs. mix with one pint of sour cream.​

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Thanks! I use onion soup mix in dozens of recipes. Especially on roasted potatoes.

Take potatoes and scrub them. Then chunk them put into zip lock or tupperware. Coat with olive oil and add mix. Shake well and pour out on to greased cookie sheet. Place in oven at 375 for 20 to 30 minutes stirring twice. My family likes their chunks alittle firm so test with your family.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thank you for this recipe, it just so happens I have all of those in my pantry to make with!!
Thanks for the tater recipe laurie!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Oh wow! Thanks for the recipe. I love onion soup mix and we usually have it in our beef stroganoff recipe. :D

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thanks I put it in my meatloaf it's great!.:hungry: Yes those potatoes are great too!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks!

I will have to try this one!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Thank You!!! :cdance:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Omg, thank you! This is a big staple in our household and the more recipes I can make, the better on our boxed goods reduction.

:bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts