Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My skin is so dry and it's making me nuts!!! I am a lotion fanatic and its not helping. I apply baby oil in the shower too. It's not helping.
Anyone have any tips for me?

Sara

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Drink tons of water- your body will thank you, both inside and out. Not only will it flush out your system, but it will hydrate your skin and make it softer. One of my New Year's resolutions was to drink more water as part of my diet. I started at 2 Liters a day (which is the recommended 8 glasses/day you should drink anyways), and have recently worked up to a gallon a day. Not only has it helped with my weight loss, Now the only time I need moisturizer is if I wash my hands too much, and the other day for the first time in my life I was complimented on how great my skin looks (by my hair dresser).

Laura

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I agree with the drink lots of water. I really should follow my own advice :hmm:

Also, if your hand and feet are extra dry, apply a hand cream (or Vaseline if you can stand the feeling) at night and wear cotton gloves/socks to bed. I do this once a week in the winter, and it really helps!

HTH :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Vaseline works great and is cheap too. I get the store brand to save even more.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Also, besides the tons of water, try running a room humidifer in your bedroom at night so that the air is'nt so dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts